First AMD Build

Budget (including currency): 990 €

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming AAA

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 - 3600

Motherboard : MSI B550 Gaming Edge Wifi or ASUS B550 Tuf Gaming Plus

GPU (Hopefully) : MSI RTX 3060 Ventus 3x OC or Asus Rog Strix 3060 10G OC

CPU Coller : AMD air cooler included

RAM : Corsair x8Gb 3000 (CL15) Vengeance LPX

Storage : Samsung SSD 250 Gb 970 EVO (PCIe 3.0 M2 NVME) or 980 EVO (PCIe 4.0 M2 NVME)

Case : Fractal Design Meshify C

PSU : Corsair 550 W Rmx

Hi there !

I was uesd to Intel Setup and I'm a little confused with AMD's line up. My Goal is a Gaming Rig for AAA games.

I'm not sure about the RAM ... I can't figure out whay is the Infinity Fabric or the 1 to 1 config...

I'm also used to Asus but maybe MSI is a good Alternative

What do you think guys ?

Thanks for your Help

s3l4vy 

1 hour ago, s3l4vy said:

Budget (including currency): 990 €

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming AAA

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 - 3600

Motherboard : MSI B550 Gaming Edge Wifi or ASUS B550 Tuf Gaming Plus

GPU (Hopefully) : MSI RTX 3060 Ventus 3x OC or Asus Rog Strix 3060 10G OC

CPU Coller : AMD air cooler included

RAM : Corsair x8Gb 3000 (CL15) Vengeance LPX

Storage : Samsung SSD 250 Gb 970 EVO (PCIe 3.0 M2 NVME) or 980 EVO (PCIe 4.0 M2 NVME)

Case : Fractal Design Meshify C

PSU : Corsair 550 W Rmx

Hi there !

I was uesd to Intel Setup and I'm a little confused with AMD's line up. My Goal is a Gaming Rig for AAA games.

I'm not sure about the RAM ... I can't figure out whay is the Infinity Fabric or the 1 to 1 config...

What do you think guys ?

Thanks for your Help

s3l4vy 

Unless you are going to be OC'ing your memory 3200 mhz is plenty on AMD. (On a solid 1080 or 1440/2k display you should still get 60 FPS if not more)

Could put the money you would otherwise be spending on the RAM towards a larger SSD or HDD.

As a AAA 1440P graphics snob I can't tell you how much it pains me to see the file sizes for video games of AAA size. 250 GB's isn't going to cut it when Halo, Gears of war and even Dead Space one take anywhere between 80 GB's and 160 GB"s And.

What HDD's and SSD's don't tell you is that formatting the drive to just be able to be compatable hogs like 10 to 13% of the drives actual space. (The math side of things 10 to 13% formatting turns a 250 GB hdd into actual size being 232 GB's roughly on a windows OS.)

Also if you're going to get a GPU get NOW if you have the chance to DON'T WAIT the GPU SHORTAGE IS VERY VERY real and SSD's are supposedly the next thing to bite the dust. (Sorry if I seem overly enthusiastic I just want people who want to game and not be bit mining to seize the chance.)

I love PC building and gaming. 
REMEMBER botttlenecks can happen at all points of a PC part. Make sure you are at equilibrium. For all parts unless you intend to upgrade at a later point. Also QA Tested AAA Games.

Get a psu with a little more wattage around  650 or 700. Get more storage and for motherboard go for the asus tuf gaming plus , if you want wifi you can buy a wifi pcie card

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

5 minutes ago, Gamer4714 said:

Get a psu with a little more wattage around  650 or 700. Get more storage and for motherboard go for the asus tuf gaming plus , if you want wifi you can buy a wifi pcie card

Yes you can get wifi pcie card it is there on Amazon (preferably take tp link's wifi card cause they are best)

Thank you guys for your feedback !

I think NekoBuble is right about SSD size.

13 hours ago, Gamer4714 said:

I'm not sure about PSU... 550W is already plenty IMO

1 hour ago, s3l4vy said:

I'm not sure about PSU... 550W is already plenty IMO

The most minimum psu require ment for the 3060 is a 550 watt psu. And because it's an oc edition it can draw more power.

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

On 4/27/2021 at 8:03 PM, NekoBubbles said:

Unless you are going to be OC'ing your memory 3200 mhz is plenty on AMD. (On a solid 1080 or 1440/2k display you should still get 60 FPS if not more)

Could put the money you would otherwise be spending on the RAM towards a larger SSD or HDD.

As a AAA 1440P graphics snob I can't tell you how much it pains me to see the file sizes for video games of AAA size. 250 GB's isn't going to cut it when Halo, Gears of war and even Dead Space one take anywhere between 80 GB's and 160 GB"s And.

What HDD's and SSD's don't tell you is that formatting the drive to just be able to be compatable hogs like 10 to 13% of the drives actual space. (The math side of things 10 to 13% formatting turns a 250 GB hdd into actual size being 232 GB's roughly on a windows OS.)

Also if you're going to get a GPU get NOW if you have the chance to DON'T WAIT the GPU SHORTAGE IS VERY VERY real and SSD's are supposedly the next thing to bite the dust. (Sorry if I seem overly enthusiastic I just want people who want to game and not be bit mining to seize the chance.)

Is overclocking making sense with this setup ?

On 4/27/2021 at 7:14 PM, Gamer4714 said:

and for motherboard go for the asus tuf gaming plus , if you want wifi you can buy a wifi pcie card

You know there is a wifi version of that board right ?

On 4/28/2021 at 9:37 AM, Gamer4714 said:

And because it's an oc edition it can draw more power.

No it won't. The factory overclock is small, so it won't make any difference to the size of the psu needed. A 550W is enough for a spec like this. Of course it wouldn't do any harm to have a 650W/750W in there depending on the price difference.

19 hours ago, lee32uk said:

You know there is a wifi version of that board right ?

No it won't. The factory overclock is small, so it won't make any difference to the size of the psu needed. A 550W is enough for a spec like this. Of course it wouldn't do any harm to have a 650W/750W in there depending on the price difference.

Yeah but in his suggestion only 2 boards which were the non-wifi asus gaming tuf plus and the other MSI board. Also nvidia has given the minimum wattage requirement as 550. Under heavy load it can sometimes be more power hungry.

On 4/27/2021 at 6:39 PM, s3l4vy said:

Hi there !

What do you think guys ?

Thanks for your Help

s3l4vy 

Why do you want to build a PC and specifically use an AMD CPU ?

R5 3600 was a good CPU when it launched (and it isn't by any means bad) but now there are other CPUs that cost less with more/same performance.

Intel i5 11400F out performs R5 3600 in basically all gaming benchmarks and it is also cheaper.

Amazon price:

R5 3600 $230

i5 11400F $175

The new B560 motherboards also support memory overclocking (even with intels non-K CPUs). 

If you really want AMD you should buy Ryzen 5000 series (yes I know availability is a problem). 

Intels latest i5 CPUs are very competitive in performance and they have now also been reduced in price. 

Ryzen 5600x is the best mid-range gaming CPU. 

But the performance of the i5 11600K is so similar that with the reduced price it has better price/performance value than the 5600x.

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. 

2 hours ago, Gamer4714 said:

Yeah but in his suggestion only 2 boards which were the non-wifi asus gaming tuf plus and the other MSI board. Also nvidia has given the minimum wattage requirement as 550. Under heavy load it can sometimes be more power hungry.

So he might not need wifi. If he does then there are ones with it built in. No need to buy a separate adapter.

The OC version won't use any more power than the standard one (Nothing significant anyway). A 550W is enough. The RTX 3060 only has a single 8 pin connector. As I mentioned he can go with a 650W+ if he wants, but it won't make any difference for this setup.