Need some help for mining

Hello Everyone

Sorry for my bad English.

i am new to mining stuff. i just started mining last month. i am facing some problems right now. hope i can get some solutions from here. i watched linus latest video on Nicehash Mining. and i am using nicehash miner (not using quickminer) i have a old gaming system with x5670 xeon @4.00 Ghz @1.34v,  16GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB. so i was getting a pretty good hash rate with my GPU about 20 - 21 MH/s @80-83 Watts i thought i should use my cpu too for mining. and started doing that too .. now my cpu is also mining for about 0.30$ USD. But today i received my electricity bill which was about 14$ USD more then last month(when i wasn't mining). i don't mine 24/7.. i mostly mine 12 hours a day.. and my total gross income from mining is about 33$. now i don't think so it is that profitable. since i was expecting 5-8$ USD increment in my electricity bill.. now what i am thinking that i was using my overclocked xeon too for mining.. does it consume that much electricity? should i stop mining from my cpu? and disable overclock from my cpu when i am using my GPU to mine? since it might make my cpu use less electricity when it is idling? any advice will be great.

That overclocked Xeon will consume a decent amount of power when mining. Don't mine with CPUs - it's 80% of the time a net loss.

elephants

1 minute ago, FakeKGB said:

That overclocked Xeon will consume a decent amount of power when mining. Don't mine with CPUs - it's 80% of the time a net loss.

ok thanks alot.. also is it necassary for me to disable my CPU overclock when i mine GPU? will it make a big difference when idling? because disabling overclock again and again will be a hassle for me since i use my pc for gaming too.

Just now, Muhammad Osama said:

ok thanks alot.. also is it necassary for me to disable my CPU overclock when i mine GPU? will it make a big difference when idling? because disabling overclock again and again will be a hassle for me since i use my pc for gaming too.

I wouldn't bother with disabling it. It will increase power consumption by 5 watts or so at idle, I believe.

elephants

6 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

I wouldn't bother with disabling it. It will increase power consumption by 5 watts or so at idle, I believe.

hmm okay i stopped my cpu from Nicehash.. let see my electricity bill next month. i will share results here

the only CPU that are profitable to mine on are zen 2 and zen 3 afaik

even then, requires undervolting, not overvolting and overclocking

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

the only CPU that are profitable to mine on are zen 2 and zen 3 afaik

even then, requires undervolting, not overvolting and overclocking

hmm ty for your suggestion bro i stopped overcloking on CPU now

-> Moved to Folding@home, Boinc, and Coin Mining

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv