PC Parts Help!

Budget (including currency): 2000-2500 cad

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly just fps games and occasionally streaming, plus day to day use. 

Other details https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/VynmZZ (I already bought the case and power supply) I want this pc to last me for a while and this is the parts list I have now but please give me some more suggestions or things to change. 

4 minutes ago, Christian.ds said:

Budget (including currency): 2000-2500 cad

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly just fps games and occasionally streaming, plus day to day use. 

Other details https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/VynmZZ (I already bought the case and power supply) I want this pc to last me for a while and this is the parts list I have now but please give me some more suggestions or things to change. 

I wish you didn't buy that case, it's REALLY bad...

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

The pc list is fine, but there's three things that you can change (if you can/want). First, I would change the graphics card to a 3070. The 3060 ti has been one of the hardest cards to get recently, and i've noticed that the 3070 goes in stock more commonly, and other youtubers have talked about higher 3070 stock out of the 30 series cards (JaysTwoCents, Graphically Challenged, Bitwit, the list goes on). Second of all, you can keep this if you want but with 3600 mHz RAM. 16gb should be quite fine. Finally, I would get a 2tb hard drive if you are planning on storing a lot of stuff (It's also just a good thing to have). it can be internal or external.

p.s. I'm sorry if it felt like I was treating you like a pc noob, I just love elaborating on topics, so that's on me.

Just now, ryder_buildz said:

I reccomended a 3070 just bc its prob easier to find rn, but 3080 definitely if he can.

OP wants to wait for stock for the 3060ti (probably) and a 3080 fits in his budget, I don't see why not...

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

3 minutes ago, ryder_buildz said:

The pc list is fine, but there's three things that you can change (if you can/want). First, I would change the graphics card to a 3070. The 3060 ti has been one of the hardest cards to get recently, and i've noticed that the 3070 goes in stock more commonly, and other youtubers have talked about higher 3070 stock out of the 30 series cards (JaysTwoCents, Graphically Challenged, Bitwit, the list goes on). Second of all, you can keep this if you want but with 3600 mHz RAM. 16gb should be quite fine. Finally, I would get a 2tb hard drive if you are planning on storing a lot of stuff (It's also just a good thing to have). it can be internal or external.

p.s. I'm sorry if it felt like I was treating you like a pc noob, I just love elaborating on topics, so that's on me.

Hes just streaming and playing Minecraft while doing basic desktop use. 1TB should probably be fine.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

hey, the build is mostly bad 🙂

good psu choice.

I don't think the H510i has enough airflow for overclocking but for modern gaming it should be fine.

some build notes:

- why would you get these 40$ fans for? you can find good fans and rgb for much less.

- if the aio is an aesthetic choice then its fine but you can still find cheaper ones.

- same the mobo, irrelevant and will probably cost a fortune to get.

- why would you get quad sticks of ram? save up that money and perf.

- sn850 irrelevant for gaming purpose, even sata ssd will do the job great.

in this price range you might be able to fit rtx3070\rtx3080.

I would not recommand rtx3070 since performance gap isnt that high, while rtx3070 skyrocket.

rtx3080 solid choice if you can find it for around 1100CAD

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($438.75 @ shopRBC) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2 62 CFM CPU Cooler  ($52.51 @ Amazon Canada) 
Motherboard: ASRock B550M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($115.41 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($232.99 @ PC-Canada) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($129.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB Founders Edition Video Card 
Case: NZXT H510i ATX Mid Tower Case  ($112.20 @ Vuugo) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2021) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($169.99 @ Best Buy Canada) 
Case Fan: Cooler Master SickleFlow 62 CFM 120 mm Fan  ($16.05 @ Vuugo) 
Total: $1283.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-04-27 10:37 EDT-0400

7 minutes ago, Downkey said:

OP wants to wait for stock for the 3060ti (probably) and a 3080 fits in his budget, I don't see why not...

The only reason I didn't go with a 3080 in the first place was because I only have a 1440p monitor so I didn't think that the 3080 would really be of any use, plus I wasn't sure if my psu could actually even handle it. But thanks for the help! 

7 minutes ago, kendrick lamar said:

hey, the build is mostly bad 🙂

good psu choice.

I don't think the H510i has enough airflow for overclocking but for modern gaming it should be fine.

some build notes:

- why would you get these 40$ fans for? you can find good fans and rgb for much less.

- if the aio is an aesthetic choice then its fine but you can still find cheaper ones.

- same the mobo, irrelevant and will probably cost a fortune to get.

- why would you get quad sticks of ram? save up that money and perf.

- sn850 irrelevant for gaming purpose, even sata ssd will do the job great.

in this price range you might be able to fit rtx3070\rtx3080.

I would not recommand rtx3070 since performance gap isnt that high, while rtx3070 skyrocket.

rtx3080 solid choice if you can find it for around 1100CAD

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($438.75 @ shopRBC) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2 62 CFM CPU Cooler  ($52.51 @ Amazon Canada) 
Motherboard: ASRock B550M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($115.41 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($232.99 @ PC-Canada) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($129.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB Founders Edition Video Card 
Case: NZXT H510i ATX Mid Tower Case  ($112.20 @ Vuugo) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2021) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($169.99 @ Best Buy Canada) 
Total: $1283.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-04-27 10:37 EDT-0400

I went with the fans so I could control it all within the rgb fan controller integrated in the case but honestly thats the only real reason. I know the case doesn't have the best airflow but from what I've seen it should be alright for what I'll be doing with it anyways. To be honest I'll probably just grab whichever one comes in stock first since for my 1440p monitor most 30 series gpu's will do the trick. Thanks for the tip on the ssd though I might not use the 850 maybe something like the 750 instead. 

20 minutes ago, Downkey said:

I changed most things around. However I picked 3600 mhz memory since it runs better with amd's infinity fabric plus I kept the ryzen 5 5600x since it should be plenty and I find that at the moment the ryzen 7 isnt really worth the price. Thanks for the help

3 minutes ago, Christian.ds said:

The only reason I didn't go with a 3080 in the first place was because I only have a 1440p monitor so I didn't think that the 3080 would really be of any use, plus I wasn't sure if my psu could actually even handle it. But thanks for the help! 

1440p is fitting very well to an rtx3080 if you play heavy games.

you can find rgb fans packs with controller on aliexpress\amazon for less money, they actually work pretty good.

sn750 good choice, sn550 will save you a buck if you dont deal with transferring big files seldom

17 minutes ago, ryder_buildz said:

Ya I brought it down to the 16 gb instead of 32gb the only reason I went with it in the first place was because I have a tendency of keeping a lot of things open at once and I know it uses up a crazy amount of ram, plus I could afford it so why not. I'm pretty sure for now at least 1tb should be enough but I mean I can always upgrade later on if I need to so thats not my main concern. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it. 

3 minutes ago, kendrick lamar said:

1440p is fitting very well to an rtx3080 if you play heavy games.

you can find rgb fans packs with controller on aliexpress\amazon for less money, they actually work pretty good.

sn750 good choice, sn550 will save you a buck if you dont deal with transferring big files seldom

Alright ya I wasn't sure, because from what I've seen on reddit most people are using a 3060ti - 3070 for 1440p so I didn't think I really needed it but I mean I guess it could be good to have. Ya I found one from cooler master so I might just cop that instead. Ya I picked the sn750 cause its a bit faster and I'm planning on keeping this pc for a while (hence why I'm spending so much on it) so that way even if it degrades it'll still be plenty fast. 

Just want to put it out there that for your budget, you can pick up a prebuilt from Microcenter that uses proper name-brand components and has a 3070 with some left over for upgrading storage as you see fit.

I was looking to get a 3000-series card but we all know how that normally goes. I went with the Powerspec G707 so I would check the stock at your local MC.. I don't know how common they are in Canda though.

Check my signature for the system specs. You'll get whatever 3070 manufacturer they can find. Some of my friends got an EVGA card, I got an ASUS.

PC Interest - Thriving | Wallet Status - Near Empty

Ryzen 9 5900X, ASUS TUF RTX 4080

Corsair Vengeance LPX (2 x 16GB) 3600MHz, ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero

2 minutes ago, ajaxburger said:

Just want to put it out there that for your budget, you can pick up a prebuilt from Microcenter that uses proper name-brand components and has a 3070 with some left over for upgrading storage as you see fit.

I was looking to get a 3000-series card but we all know how that normally goes. I went with the Powerspec G707 so I would check the stock at your local MC.. I don't know how common they are in Canda though.

Check my signature for the system specs. You'll get whatever 3070 manufacturer they can find. Some of my friends got an EVGA card, I got an ASUS.

Sadly they don't have microcenters in Canada. 😞 it would make my life way easier, we have like half the stock you guys have in the us. 

1 minute ago, Christian.ds said:

Sadly they don't have microcenters in Canada. 😞 it would make my life way easier, we have like half the stock you guys have in the us. 

stock is abysmal in the U.S. It's only good at microcenter. Everywhere else is craxy expensive, for exmaple Ryzen 5 3600s go for around $280.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

1 minute ago, Downkey said:

stock is abysmal in the U.S. It's only good at microcenter. Everywhere else is craxy expensive, for exmaple Ryzen 5 3600s go for around $280.

Geez thats a lot. Pretty much the only places you can really buy computer parts is newegg (and they have half the stock in Canada then they do in the US), and canada computers. Micro center seems like such a cool place I wish we had some here. 

1 minute ago, Christian.ds said:

Yeah that's trouble. Hopefully you can make it to Linus' in-person event or get through the VAG program. Availability is going to be the only thing working against you here.

27 minutes ago, kendrick lamar said:

The system configs suggested in this thread are great, only thing I might recommend is to not go with the WDBlue. Overall, WD has tended to be slower and less-reliable than their competitors. Samsung I can highly recommend and you can find theirs for great prices at times with waiting for sales on Amazon. Kingston and SanDisk are next in line in that department for me.

Just now, ajaxburger said:

Yeah that's trouble. Hopefully you can make it to Linus' in-person event or get through the VAG program. Availability is going to be the only thing working against you here.

The system configs suggested in this thread are great, only thing I might recommend is to not go with the WDBlue. Overall, WD has tended to be slower and less-reliable than their competitors. Samsung I can highly recommend and you can find theirs for great prices at times with waiting for sales on Amazon. Kingston and SanDisk are next in line in that department for me.

the sn550 is a really good drive tho ;-;

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Just now, ajaxburger said:

The only reason I didn't go with samsung is because they're like twice the price for the same amount of storage plus this one comes with a heat sink so for me it was just better value. Ya he lives up in BC and I'm from Toronto so I doubt I'll be going any time soon. Ya it would be great if Canada had more stores like that.

2 minutes ago, Downkey said:

It's also gen 4 which was something I was also looking for but most people said I shouldn't get and should opt for more storage instead. I thought it was a good choice for a part but I guess not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, Downkey said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a bad drive and it's got a great price on-top of it all. I'm just trying to make the point that when it comes to solid-state I'd rather spend a little more money and get a Samsung option that generally tends to be at the head of the pack in terms of tech for the long-term, especially when it comes to M.2 because it's a pain to swap them and copy the data.

I worked for an electronics repair franchise for some time and we always used WDBlue for customers but only on the condition of price. There were occasions where people asked for the fastest, most reliable drive they could get and our recommendations were always Samsung. Obviously it does come with a bit of a cost increase.

1 minute ago, ajaxburger said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a bad drive and it's got a great price on-top of it all. I'm just trying to make the point that when it comes to solid-state I'd rather spend a little more money and get a Samsung option that generally tends to be at the head of the pack in terms of tech for the long-term, especially when it comes to M.2 because it's a pain to swap them and copy the data.

I worked for an electronics repair franchise for some time and we always used WDBlue for customers but only on the condition of price. There were occasions where people asked for the fastest, most reliable drive they could get and our recommendations were always Samsung. Obviously it does come with a bit of a cost increase.

Samsung drives are rarely worth the price. A 970 evo is $150. You can buy a decent Gen 4 drive for that price. Don't generalize WD, that's like saying Antec makes bad PSUS because they aren't a huge company.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

2 minutes ago, Christian.ds said:

The only reason I didn't go with samsung is because they're like twice the price for the same amount of storage plus this one comes with a heat sink so for me it was just better value. Ya he lives up in BC and I'm from Toronto so I doubt I'll be going any time soon. Ya it would be great if Canada had more stores like that.

Just now, Christian.ds said:

It's also gen 4 which was something I was also looking for but most people said I shouldn't get and should opt for more storage instead. I thought it was a good choice for a part but I guess not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gen 4 is huge, if your motherboard supports it. Additionally, heat sinks are cheap enough to buy aftermarket or the motherboards often come with them as part of the chipset cooler. Ultimately your choice but just something to keep in mind.

1 minute ago, ajaxburger said:

The samsung 980pro was actually my initial choice for the pc but after a bit of looking I saw the sn850 with the same speeds plus a heat sink so I thought that it was just better value since for gen 4 m.2's I know they can run really hot and I don't want it to thermal throttle.