Some humorous, exasperatingly bad, or even off-the-wall crazy product reviews you've encountered

Quartz11

I recently saw this awesomely crazy product review for computer fans:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2HDMWVI564YLG/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01JMEDDYY

This is what happens when people don't have any background or understanding of physics but just read bits and pieces here and there and put together an incorrect understanding.  For instance this reviewer is missed such concepts as intensity of the sound, as well that "Review" being a generally misguided set of ramblings.

Some memorable quotes:

"I want to start by addressing that I am a sound engineer, and a person with an ear that most just don't have. I have difference in mini-decibel range (10th of a decibel), I am a recording engineer, with a psychology understanding of the brain, and I have built computers for a while now. I have tried more fans you can imagine, but actually listened to them besides of using them as well."

"I studied science behind it, so I understand it, but I am not paranoid about it."

"After sitting for 2 hours next to 3 fans of Silent Wings 3, I started getting annoyed, and I could not figure it out at first. I started hearing my fridge more, I suddenly started hearing air conditioners around my house (that I never noticed), and those sounds started hurting my brain and ears."

By the way, that review is the top most helpful review for those fans, based on the number of upvotes!  406 people found it helpful...

Please share more, if you feel like!

2 hours ago, Quartz11 said:

I recently saw this awesomely crazy product review for computer fans:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2HDMWVI564YLG/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01JMEDDYY

"I want to start by addressing that I am a sound engineer, and a person with an ear that most just don't have."

this line killed me. the rant about sound below it is amazing, especcialy the end part: 'I studied science behind it, so I understand it, but I am not paranoid about it.'

I have some amazon reviews i love that ill post later. its a rabit hole i love.

Main PC: the literature club machine

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

basically any 1-star review that is along the lines of

"it arrived broken"

"it got damaged in shipping"

as if it's any actual indication of the product itself

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Just now, Arika S said:

basically any 1-star review that is along the lines of

"it arrived broken"

"it got damaged in shipping"

as if it's any actual indication of the product itself

Hot take: amazon reviews shouldn't talk about shipping, unless the company's packaging was trash.

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

There are actually quite a few Amazon answers that are like: "I don't know", because people receive e-mails from Amazon prompting them to respond to another customer's question about a product they had bought, and these owners think they Must post some kind of a response.

I miss the comment section for Amazon answers and reviews--it was a good place to add corrections.  Not anymore, you can only mark something as helpful or report it.

- - - - -

I'm also not sure about all the 1-star "DoA" reviews that are common at all retailers.  On one hand you want to know the rate of DoA products, on the other hand... it's not really a product review.

Also, some reviews say something along the lines of "I haven't used it/opened the packaging yet, but it looks nice."  Why are you submitting a review?!?!?

Amazon dot com

110834505_Screenshot2020-11-29at17_08_41.png.7fc6c2ef7ad1883f5514cf4ffc5db668.png

and then this ad I got

159944801_Screenshot2021-02-25at16_16_25.png.3deecf23e87939d691821d0c55ad48bc.png

I like how you just need a mouse, no computer

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

3 hours ago, FakeATF said:

I like how you just need a mouse, no computer

the game is designed to run on the mouse. if it has an RGB back it displays the game through that.

Daily drivers