S5e low screen on time

frozensun

Brand new tablet purchased maybe 6 months ago.

Total discharge cycles 14.

Used original charger which came with tablet.

Screen on time of just 6.5 hours with medium brightness,mostly low,with power saving ON.

Browsing youtube videos/watching for only 3 h 30 min

I'm down to 17 % of battery with SOT of 6 h 30 min just.

Wtf is wrong with this tablet?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

That sounds about right to be honest, I don't think there's anything wrong with it, it just doesn't have the most impressive battery life in the world.

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

9 minutes ago, AMD A10-9600P said:

That sounds about right to be honest, I don't think there's anything wrong with it, it just doesn't have the most impressive battery life in the world.

Guys reporting around 10 h of SOT watching netflix,youtube...googled it.

Specification by Samsung around 12 h,and I get half of it.

s5e.jpg

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

6 minutes ago, DriftMan said:

no, no "around", it's "UP TO", meaning that's the maximum time they have achieved in one run, meaning that the rest of their tests gave lower time

wifi connectivity, bluetooth, speakers volume, background apps, 3G/4G/etc, video resolution... everything have an impact

more than 6 hours is very good indeed

So it's okay?

Should I continue using fast charger with higher current or charge via USB on PC?

16 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Guys reporting around 10 h of SOT watching netflix,youtube...googled it.

Specification by Samsung around 12 h,and I get half of it.

s5e.jpg

Reporting doesn't mean that you will also get the same screen time; there are a million different factors that lead to this. Have you got WiFi on, Bluetooth, mobile data, background apps and so on and so on. What resolution was your video running at, how loud was the volume, what was the screen brightness, and on and on. As for Samsung reporting 12 hours, ignore that number, very few manufacturers can be trusted when it comes to battery estimations. As @DriftMan has said , up to 12 hours does not mean that you will get 12 hours. Their tests are manufactured to give them the best numbers possible, you will never be able to replicate those numbers in the real world. Upwards of 6 hours constant, again as @DriftMan has said, is respectable.

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

Try accubattery to check battery health, if it sat around discharged, froze, overheated, etc. it may have damaged the battery capacity.

1 minute ago, frozensun said:

So it's okay?

Should I continue using fast charger with higher current or charge via USB on PC?

You'll be fine. There's nothing wrong with the tablet and if the fast charger came with it, there's nothing wrong with using it. Just avoid third party unbranded chargers if it is one.

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

Try accubattery to check battery health, if it sat around discharged, froze, overheated, etc. it may have damaged the battery capacity.

totally good health.

3 minutes ago, frozensun said:

totally good health.

According to what? Accubattery after a dozen or so discharge/recharge cycles or according to Samsung's device health check thing? Accubattery will give you a pretty close guess as to actual battery capacity. My 4000Mah S8 Active is around 3700-3800Mah capacity still. My Honor8 at the end was down to about 1000Mah out of the 3000 it started with. A former co-worker had a  phone that had dropped to a battery capacity less than a single AAA battery!

Just now, Bitter said:

According to what? Accubattery after a dozen or so discharge/recharge cycles or according to Samsung's device health check thing? Accubattery will give you a pretty close guess as to actual battery capacity. My 4000Mah S8 Active is around 3700-3800Mah capacity still. My Honor8 at the end was down to about 1000Mah out of the 3000 it started with. A former co-worker had a  phone that had dropped to a battery capacity less than a single AAA battery!

What do you want me to do?

Charge to 100 % and report accubattery specs?

I don't have to be electric engineer,to know that using high current to charge the battery,damages it over time,because of the cells.

It's always better to charge longer with less current,maybe like 1 Amp.

6 minutes ago, frozensun said:

What do you want me to do?

Charge to 100 % and report accubattery specs?

Install Accubattery and use it like normal for a week and see what the actual capacity is vs specs, then decide if you're going to keep using it, send it back, or replace the battery.

2 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Install Accubattery and use it like normal for a week and see what the actual capacity is vs specs, then decide if you're going to keep using it, send it back, or replace the battery.

Yeah right.

I'd pay higher price for good lawyer to prove that the battery has an issue then the tablet is worth.
No one will RMA me the tablet here is this country based on the battery screen on time!

3 hours ago, frozensun said:

Yeah right.

I'd pay higher price for good lawyer to prove that the battery has an issue then the tablet is worth.
No one will RMA me the tablet here is this country based on the battery screen on time!

You don't need to RMA it, I assumed you just recently bought it used. If that's not the case then I misunderstood. Accubattery is free to use and very light on ads once the ad free intro period expires. You can see how the health of the battery really is and then figure out if it's just how this device is or if the battery is going bad. If the battery is going bad it may be a good idea to change it, bad lithium ion batteries can be dangerous. My Honor8 started getting really hot when it was charging toward the end of the time I was using it, accubattery reported that the battery temp was in the danger zone and I should be careful with the device. It'll depend if you have a battery temp sensor or not whether it reports that information.

20 hours ago, huilun02 said:

I have an S5ee too, but running a custom rom

Afaik the stock Android 10 rom is known to have bad battery life

What custom ROM are you running?

Did you get better battery life now?

21 hours ago, Bitter said:

How do I check that?Here is the screenshot at 95 % charge?Where do I check actual capacity,do I check it at full charge or?

Screenshot_20210426-150234_AccuBattery.jpg

17 hours ago, Bitter said:

You don't need to RMA it, I assumed you just recently bought it used. If that's not the case then I misunderstood. Accubattery is free to use and very light on ads once the ad free intro period expires. You can see how the health of the battery really is and then figure out if it's just how this device is or if the battery is going bad. If the battery is going bad it may be a good idea to change it, bad lithium ion batteries can be dangerous. My Honor8 started getting really hot when it was charging toward the end of the time I was using it, accubattery reported that the battery temp was in the danger zone and I should be careful with the device. It'll depend if you have a battery temp sensor or not whether it reports that information.

Yeah but how do I check and what on Accubattery?

I don't see capacity measurement inside program.

4 hours ago, frozensun said:

Yeah but how do I check and what on Accubattery?

I don't see capacity measurement inside program.

You have to go through a few charge and discharge cycles for it to measure the battery capacity. Touch the 'heart' for the health tab, it'll show up there. For now it'll probably just tell you that it doesn't have enough information yet. The charging tab is useful to track battery current and temp. 

8 minutes ago, Bitter said:

You have to go through a few charge and discharge cycles for it to measure the battery capacity. Touch the 'heart' for the health tab, it'll show up there. For now it'll probably just tell you that it doesn't have enough information yet. The charging tab is useful to track battery current and temp. 

oh okay.

But I charge tablet when it's off,maybe that is why I don't get that info.

2 minutes ago, SGT-AMD said:

Charging with the unit off, is the right way to charge. In this case, you may need to have it stay on, while charging.

Also, are you using WiFi or cellular?

Wi-Fi version.

I think I need Pro version of AccuBattery to display Capacity.

7 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Wi-Fi version.

I think I need Pro version of AccuBattery to display Capacity.

I don't have the paid version.

Screenshot_20210426-132632_AccuBattery.jpg

30 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I don't have the paid version.

Screenshot_20210426-132632_AccuBattery.jpg

I don't get values at all.Dunno why.

23 minutes ago, SGT-AMD said:

My S7 edge needs a new battery, and Samsung has already tested it.

The display doesn't work normally, because of the battery, it turns green.

So I use negative colors, and that is fine till I have the money to fix it.

Had this phone and still have.

Sadly it got famous pink line on display and now using it only as camera.

25 minutes ago, frozensun said:

I don't get values at all.Dunno why.

Had this phone and still have.

Sadly it got famous pink line on display and now using it only as camera.

Probably because you charge it turned off. App can't measure if app isn't running. You'll have to charge it a few times when it's on and make sure the app has the needed permissions. If it still doesn't work I don't know what to tell you.

I charged the bat to like 10 % and simply the program won't show any info in health tab.

Dunno why.

I granted all permissions for app.

Maybe tablet is not supported by app.

12 minutes ago, frozensun said:

I charged the bat to like 10 % and simply the program won't show any info in health tab.

Dunno why.

I granted all permissions for app.

Maybe tablet is not supported by app.

I'm not sure why it's not working, I'm really sorry. I've used it myself on 2 different phones and have friends using it on their phones as well. I'll Google about it later and see if I can come up with something.

13 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I'm not sure why it's not working, I'm really sorry. I've used it myself on 2 different phones and have friends using it on their phones as well. I'll Google about it later and see if I can come up with something.

Thank you.