PC will not turn on

ChickenLittle1917
Go to solution Solved by ChickenLittle1917,
On 4/23/2021 at 4:09 PM, ChickenLittle1917 said:

I am once again asking for help from this forum. My original problem was that my PC was not turning on so I tested my PSU and found that it was dead so I replaced that, tried again to the same results, it would turn on for a split second then off again, but with the new PSU the keyboard lights up and stays lit up. So this time I got a new motherboard set everything up and the same thing is happening. I am extremely frustrated and $300 down I would love it if someone who knows a thing or two helps me. 

Specs 

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600

GPU - Geforce RTX 3070 FE

RAM - 16 Gb G.Skill Aegis 3000

Motherboard - ROG Strix B450-F Gaming II

PSU - EVGA 850W 80+ gold 

and a few types of storage. 

So I found the issue something in my case was shorting the motherboard and forcing it to turn off. Still don't know what it was but it is turning on now. Thanks for all the help. 

I am once again asking for help from this forum. My original problem was that my PC was not turning on so I tested my PSU and found that it was dead so I replaced that, tried again to the same results, it would turn on for a split second then off again, but with the new PSU the keyboard lights up and stays lit up. So this time I got a new motherboard set everything up and the same thing is happening. I am extremely frustrated and $300 down I would love it if someone who knows a thing or two helps me. 

Specs 

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600

PSU - EVGA 850W 80+ gold 

9 minutes ago, ChickenLittle1917 said:

Specs 

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600

PSU - EVGA 850W 80+ gold 

Can you access the BIOS?

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

4 minutes ago, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

Video output?

No video output it turns on for half a second then dies again. 

17 minutes ago, Vfern said:

Have you tried swaping out cpu it could be dead?

That's the only thing left I have to do, unfortunately I don't want to spend $1000 to get a new one. That's what I think it is but I'm hoping someone else has a different answer that works. 

I am in a similar problem to you! My first older psu failed popping noises. bought another one 4 days ok then psu  popped and blew again! I am running a z49 strix z490 h gaming board. I have checked parts with my old motherboard on a cardboard box all works fine. 

I am reading on various forums that the rog gamers boards have problems with rog motherboards bios causing major problems in different way s to people out there. Also the rog strix 490s may be overloading the rails on some psus causing failures

I suggest you try what i am going to do go to a different manufacturer {msi or gigabyte} for your motherboard. im staying very clear of asus in the future. i am still paying off the parts that have failed and cannot afford to fix my pc. using my wifes laptop for basics. 

On 4/23/2021 at 4:09 PM, ChickenLittle1917 said:

Specs 

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600

PSU - EVGA 850W 80+ gold 

So I found the issue something in my case was shorting the motherboard and forcing it to turn off. Still don't know what it was but it is turning on now. Thanks for all the help.