Java Install Error 1603, Stuck Without Java on my PC!

avrona

Probably a bit of a niche question but does anyone know how to fix Java install error 1603, because I can't install Java at all on my PC? It happens whenever I try to install Java no matter how I try to do it. Tried it in admin, tried the offline installer, none of them work and all return the same error. None of the other ideas I found online helped. Because of this I'm left without Java on my PC which is kinda bad so I really need some solution.

Just now, avrona said:

Yeah I read it before but nothing on there solved the issue for me.

What have you tried to resolve it, so we don't cover ground you've already tried...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

What have you tried to resolve it, so we don't cover ground you've already tried...

I've completely uninstalled any remains of my Java install, tried running it as admin, tried running the offline installer, tried installing to a different path, changed the path's permissions to allow more stuff. The thing I haven't tried that I've seen recommended a lot is to disable it from the Java control panel, like that post you linked suggested, as I don't have the Java control panel at all.

Just now, avrona said:

I've completely uninstalled any remains of my Java install, tried running it as admin, tried running the offline installer, tried installing to a different path, changed the path's permissions to allow more stuff. The thing I haven't tried that I've seen recommended a lot is to disable it from the Java control panel, like that post you linked suggested, as I don't have the Java control panel at all.

I assume trying in Safe Mode fails?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

I assume trying in Safe Mode fails?

Yeah sadly that didn't work either.

1 minute ago, avrona said:

Yeah sadly that didn't work either.

Ok, somewhere in the installation, there should be some kind of error or failure log, see if you can find it, attach to a post here and let me look through this. I have some java programmer friends, I may be able to rope them in as well.

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Ok, somewhere in the installation, there should be some kind of error or failure log, see if you can find it, attach to a post here and let me look through this. I have some java programmer friends, I may be able to rope them in as well.

Checked in the dir it's trying to install to but found no files there, no error log or anything else.

Just now, avrona said:

Checked in the dir it's trying to install to but found no files there, no error log or anything else.

Without that error log, I'm going to be throwing sticks into the darkness, hoping to hit the solution.

Do a search for java*.log on your entire system, maybe you'll get lucky

7 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Without that error log, I'm going to be throwing sticks into the darkness, hoping to hit the solution.

Do a search for java*.log on your entire system, maybe you'll get lucky

No results sadly.

4 minutes ago, avrona said:

No results sadly.

Then I cannot help unfortunately. Other than what general Google search results show, and assuming you've done all those, without that error log file, I've got nothin.