HP Omen 15 VS Zephyrus G14

I am looking for a new gaming laptop for School, Gaming, 3D work in apps like CAD and Blender Rendering for around $1200. I don't know if its the same in other countries but here in the UK  there aren't any good options with latest gen parts for that price, the best I could do for latest gen would be a TUF dash F15 with the i7 11370H and RTX 3060 so a good gpu but terrible cpu by modern standards, or a nitro 5 with a R7 5800 and a low power rtx 3060 but not great screen and build puts me off. As far as I can tell my best options for the price seem to be this HP Omen 15-en0008na for $1200 with a Ryzen 7 4800h and an RTX 2060 (sadly rtx 3000 variants of the omen are not yet available here) or this ROG Zephyrus G14 with a Ryzen 9 4900hs and a GTX 1660ti, also for $1200. They both have the same storage and ram so it really comes down which specification and build (as far as I know the zephyrus is extremely good for build quality). I will primarily use with an external keyboard and mouse and probably a monitor as well.

Professional opinion (from me, I've been in the IT field for a long long time):

I wouldn't buy an HP laptop is you gave me the money to buy it with. 

Complete bottom-of-the-barrel parts, very suspect build quality, after-care warranty is a joke, and they overheat if you live anywhere but Siberia and use it outdoors.

Others will doubtless have differing opinions, but I've seen the slow slide into crap that HP has become.

After all, HP does stand for Horse Puckey

Has Problems

Horrible Product

Horrendous Parts

Hardly Perfect

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

14 minutes ago, _lucalink said:

so a good gpu but terrible cpu by modern standards

But that CPU literally just got released this year? And this isnt like the furnace of desktop 11th gen Intel CPU, its the 10nm Superfin Tiger Lake, which is an amazing CPU for mobile laptop with an Xe graphics built in and ability to do TDP down and up (i got the last gen i5 1135G7, but its still the same architecture afaik).

But if you really really set on the 2 option, my money is in Omen 15 for its stronger GPU. But their build quality is just horrid (got an HP 15 incher thats falling apart after like half a year)

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Just now, SorryClaire said:

But that CPU literally just got released this year? And this isnt like the furnace of desktop 11th gen Intel CPU, its the 10nm Superfin Tiger Lake, which is an amazing CPU for mobile laptop with an Xe graphics built in and ability to do TDP down and up (i got the last gen i5 1135G7, but its still the same architecture afaik).

But if you really really set on the 2 option, my money is in Omen 15 for its stronger GPU.

The reason the 11370 is bad is not because of the speed of its cores or the heat but because it only has 4 cores so it is massively slower on multi core performance.

4 minutes ago, _lucalink said:

because it only has 4 cores so it is massively slower on multi core performance.

But all of your work benefits from GPU Acceleration and not just pure raw CPU, so the stronger GPU can make a bigger difference.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.