MSI case thermals

SeemsLegit

I'm planning a build that will include an MSI gaming x trio 3080 and a 240mm radiator for the CPU, I was planning to use one of the MSI cases but after seeing one of Linus' videos in an MSI build I'm worried the airflow will be insufficient for the 3080 to run well. Which, if any MSI case would you recommend pairing with the 3080? regardless of which case I'd pick, I would most likely be setting it up with front fans as intakes and rear fans and top radiator as exhausts if that helps.

Any of the cases with mesh or grill fronts should offer decent intake.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

1 minute ago, brob said:

Any of the cases with mesh or grill fronts should offer decent intake.

If I recall correctly Linus was using the front of the Sekira 500X for the exhaust, with air coming in from the top and through the radiator first. now I'm no expert but that doesn't seem optimal. 

8 minutes ago, SeemsLegit said:

If I recall correctly Linus was using the front of the Sekira 500X for the exhaust, with air coming in from the top and through the radiator first. now I'm no expert but that doesn't seem optimal. 

Cases are generally designed for bottom and front intake with top and rear exhaust. There are a number of videos around, including one from linus that experiment with different configurations. If memory serves there is a difference. The traditional configuration generally ran cooler.

Most, if not all aio manufacturers recommend mounting the rad on the front intake. This gives the cpu the best cooling. The increase in internal ambient temperature is slight. There are a few videos that test various configurations. They generally find very small differences.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

53 minutes ago, brob said:

Cases are generally designed for bottom and front intake with top and rear exhaust. There are a number of videos around, including one from linus that experiment with different configurations. If memory serves there is a difference. The traditional configuration generally ran cooler.

Most, if not all aio manufacturers recommend mounting the rad on the front intake. This gives the cpu the best cooling. The increase in internal ambient temperature is slight. There are a few videos that test various configurations. They generally find very small differences.

I'm going for a ryzen 5 5600X with a 240mm radiator so CPU cooling chouldn't be an issue regardless of configuration, I'm mostly concerned about the 3080 getting hot and steamy, I wouldn't want to run into situations where it thermal throttles so I'm really trying to find the best case (preferably MSI one) and the best setup