M.2 error

Go to solution Solved by minibois,

What specific motherboard and what SSD (or multiple SSD's) do you have?

Usually with 500-series boards the top slot is disabled when using 10th gen Intel CPU's (Comet Lake) and will only work with 11th gen Intel CPU's (Rocket Lake).

So depending on the motherboard you have, the 'error'  might just come down to "use the bottom slot, not the top slot".

How do you fix this error on pc part picker and does this mean I cant use my nvme

Screenshot 2021-04-22 at 8.56.56 AM.png

10400f

16 gb 4000

1650 super

z490 msi 

p400a digital

games i play: krunker (sometimes), valorant, and csgo

What specific motherboard and what SSD (or multiple SSD's) do you have?

Usually with 500-series boards the top slot is disabled when using 10th gen Intel CPU's (Comet Lake) and will only work with 11th gen Intel CPU's (Rocket Lake).

So depending on the motherboard you have, the 'error'  might just come down to "use the bottom slot, not the top slot".

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Rocket lake CPUs are 11th gen intel parts. What the error tells you is that one of the M.2 slots is turned off when you are using a 10th gen CPU.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad