Is 600 Watts PSU Question.

Go to solution Solved by OhhVibez-,

Decided to just pull the trigger and buy an 850 Watt 

Budget (including currency): £150

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 3D Modelling using programs such as Substance Painter, Maya, Marmoset Toolbag etc... and Gaming

Other details 

Current PC Specs: Can be found here: OhhVibez's Completed Build - Core i7-7700K 4.2 GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition, 400C ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

So guys, I got a quick question. 

I managed to cop a 5950x, but just because I got lucky with getting a CPU doesn't mean my luck will get any better in the GPU department! Which means that I'm still stuck with my GTX 1070. :old-sad:

I have a 600W PSU currently powering the system and was wondering if you guys think that would be sufficient enough to use with my 5950x until I'm finally able to get a 3080 or 3090 which I'll be able to then upgrade to like an 850W or 1000W PSU?

TL;DR

Will my current 600 Watt PSU be enough to power a 5950X and a GTX 1070 even when under full load or will I have to upgrade?

We don't know, because we don't know which model PSU you have. Which model is it?

:)

I linked my parts list in the beginning of the post but here's the full description of the PSU anyway:

be quiet! STRAIGHT POWER 10 CM 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to just pull the trigger and buy an 850 Watt