Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can a ryzen 5 2600 work with a b550

I bought a b550 motherboard and a ryzen 5 2600. Now I'm worried I might have acted too fast and they aren't compatible. I already got the motherboard and the cpu is being shipped.

 

What should I do?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrBigBrainThe2nd said:

I bought a b550 motherboard and a ryzen 5 2600. Now I'm worried I might have acted too fast and they aren't compatible. I already got the motherboard and the cpu is being shipped.

 

What should I do?

According to the promotional slide that amd sent out to media b550 only supports 3000 and 4000. X570 supports 2000, 3000 and 4000

 

https://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/AMD-Ryzen-4000-Zen-3-Vermeer-Desktop-CPU-AM4-Compatibility-Chart-1030x579.jpg

 

But to be sure you should read the motherboard manual. Sometime manufactures add support compared to what they are supposed to do but more often they remove support for things they are supposed to support.

 

what motherboard are you going to compare it with exactly?

EVERYTHING I SAY MAY NOT BE CORRECT!

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

 

 

My Computers -

Main PC -

CPU - i5 10400 | Motherboard - ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS | RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (16GBx2) 3200MHz - Running at 2666Mhz | Graphics Card - Gigabyte GTX 1650 SUPER WINDFORCE OC 4G | Power Supply - CORSAIR CV550 80+ Bronze | Storage- KingSpec 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM HDD | Case - PowerTrain Gaming Case | Color Theme -Black and Red OS -  Windows 10 Pro 1909

 

Storage PC - (Connected via 1Gbps Network)

CPU - i5 650 | Motherboard - Intel Dreamsys H55 | RAM - Samsung 4GB (2GBx2) - Running at 1066Mhz | Graphics Card - GT 610 | Power Supply - PowerStation 500W | Storage- Seagate Barracuda 500x2GB 7200RPM HDD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HDD | HITACHI 500GB 7200RPM HDD | WD 500GB 7200RPM HDD | Case - Binch Diac Edition | OS -  Windows 10 Pro 1909

 

PC - (i rarely game on this, so this serves as a local mail server)

CPU - i5 3470 | Motherboard - PEGATRON H61 | RAM - Samsung 8GB (4GBx2) - Running at 1066Mhz | Graphics Card - GT 1030 | Power Supply - PowerStation 500W | Storage- Seagate Barracuda 500x2GB 7200RPM HDD | Case - some case found from a prebuilt ( lol ) | OS -  Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

 

+1 more pc for testing parts - Core 2 Duo E7500 | Samsung 4GB (2GBx2) RAM | GT 210 | HITACHI 60GB HDD | 350W Stock

 

Cameras -

Nikon D5600 + 18-55MM AF-S VR LENS + Tamron 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 

GoPro Hero 7

 

Camera Gear -

Gimbal - FUNSNAP Capture 3

 

Phones - 

iPod Touch 6th Gen, SAMSUNG GALAXY M11, SAMSUNG GALAXY M01 Core, HUAWEI Y9 2018, HUAWEI Y5 Lite 2018, XIAOMI REDMI GO, HTC Desire 526G+

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hirusha.adikari said:

According to the promotional slide that amd sent out to media b550 only supports 3000 and 4000. X570 supports 2000, 3000 and 4000

 

https://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/AMD-Ryzen-4000-Zen-3-Vermeer-Desktop-CPU-AM4-Compatibility-Chart-1030x579.jpg

 

But to be sure you should read the motherboard manual. Sometime manufactures add support compared to what they are supposed to do but more often they remove support for things they are supposed to support.

 

what motherboard are you going to compare it with exactly?

Asrock 550m, says it supports 3rd gen, it's a mini ATX

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrBigBrainThe2nd said:

Asrock 550m, says it supports 3rd gen, it's a mini ATX

Related Links: 

 

 

What i have found:

According to the official website, it says these - https://zeacer.is-a-virg.in/MWmj8C

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550M-ITXac/index.asp#CPU

 

and i hope this is the motherboard you are talking about - https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550M-ITXac/index.asp

 

NO, Ryzen 2xxx processors wont support  this motherboard officially!

 

other links to refer for more info -

https://www.asrock.com/support/cpu.asp?s=AM4&

EVERYTHING I SAY MAY NOT BE CORRECT!

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

 

 

My Computers -

Main PC -

CPU - i5 10400 | Motherboard - ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS | RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (16GBx2) 3200MHz - Running at 2666Mhz | Graphics Card - Gigabyte GTX 1650 SUPER WINDFORCE OC 4G | Power Supply - CORSAIR CV550 80+ Bronze | Storage- KingSpec 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM HDD | Case - PowerTrain Gaming Case | Color Theme -Black and Red OS -  Windows 10 Pro 1909

 

Storage PC - (Connected via 1Gbps Network)

CPU - i5 650 | Motherboard - Intel Dreamsys H55 | RAM - Samsung 4GB (2GBx2) - Running at 1066Mhz | Graphics Card - GT 610 | Power Supply - PowerStation 500W | Storage- Seagate Barracuda 500x2GB 7200RPM HDD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HDD | HITACHI 500GB 7200RPM HDD | WD 500GB 7200RPM HDD | Case - Binch Diac Edition | OS -  Windows 10 Pro 1909

 

PC - (i rarely game on this, so this serves as a local mail server)

CPU - i5 3470 | Motherboard - PEGATRON H61 | RAM - Samsung 8GB (4GBx2) - Running at 1066Mhz | Graphics Card - GT 1030 | Power Supply - PowerStation 500W | Storage- Seagate Barracuda 500x2GB 7200RPM HDD | Case - some case found from a prebuilt ( lol ) | OS -  Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

 

+1 more pc for testing parts - Core 2 Duo E7500 | Samsung 4GB (2GBx2) RAM | GT 210 | HITACHI 60GB HDD | 350W Stock

 

Cameras -

Nikon D5600 + 18-55MM AF-S VR LENS + Tamron 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 

GoPro Hero 7

 

Camera Gear -

Gimbal - FUNSNAP Capture 3

 

Phones - 

iPod Touch 6th Gen, SAMSUNG GALAXY M11, SAMSUNG GALAXY M01 Core, HUAWEI Y9 2018, HUAWEI Y5 Lite 2018, XIAOMI REDMI GO, HTC Desire 526G+

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, hirusha.adikari said:

Related Links: 

 

 

What i have found:

According to the official website, it says these - https://zeacer.is-a-virg.in/MWmj8C

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550M-ITXac/index.asp#CPU

 

and i hope this is the motherboard you are talking about - https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550M-ITXac/index.asp

 

NO, Ryzen 2xxx processors wont support  this motherboard officially!

 

other links to refer for more info -

https://www.asrock.com/support/cpu.asp?s=AM4&

New question, can I use 3600mhz ram on a motherboard that says it’s speed is 2400

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×