Which Trident Z Neo?

I have my heart set on Trident Z Neo memory for my new build, the CPU will be a 5800X.
Gaming with casual (hobby) video editing.
I've looked at the different kits available and I know that more expensive = faster, better timings etc etc.
However I'm not sure where the "sweet spot" price to performance wise is for what I want to do.
Looking for advice/opinions.
Cheers.

(pricing in screenshot is in AUD)

Capture132.PNG

What's your full spec list? Very simplified, there are two things you want to pay attention to when shopping for RAM: speed (MHz) and CAS latency. These two factors pretty much balance out (i.e. a 3600MHz kit at CL18 will be about as fast as a 3200MHz kit at CL16). 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

5 minutes ago, bellabichon said:

What's your full spec list? Very simplified, there are two things you want to pay attention to when shopping for RAM: speed (MHz) and CAS latency. These two factors pretty much balance out (i.e. a 3600MHz kit at CL18 will be about as fast as a 3200MHz kit at CL16). 

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/WraithBurn/saved/6zFxHx

Hopefully going to get a 3080ti when they launch. Just at the planning stage now.

2 minutes ago, tnislugo said:

Is your heart set on having 4 DIMMs? If not, my recommendation is the 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 kit. It's the most reasonably priced of the bunch, and you get the best of both worlds with high speed and low latency. Having only two DIMMs typically means better compatibility, too. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

7 minutes ago, bellabichon said:

Is your heart set on having 4 DIMMs? If not, my recommendation is the 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 kit. It's the most reasonably priced of the bunch, and you get the best of both worlds with high speed and low latency. Having only two DIMMs typically means better compatibility, too. 

That kit, but drop the C at the end.

F4-3600C16D-32GTZN

6 minutes ago, bellabichon said:

I did want all the slots filled.
What compatibility issues can arise?

I may not reply for awhile, I'm off to work.

2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

That kit, but drop the C at the end.

F4-3600C16D-32GTZN

Remind me what the difference is...?

Main PC:

Peripherals/Other:

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

4 minutes ago, tnislugo said:

I did want all the slots filled.
What compatibility issues can arise?

I may not reply for awhile, I'm off to work.

RAM compatibility can be a bit finnicky, and that finnicky-ness typically increases with the number of high-performance DIMMs you're using. Probably won't be an issue for you, but it could come up. If you want all the slots to be filled, I'd go for the 4x8GB 3600MHz CL18 kit. Slightly higher latency, but that'll end up being a difference of like 5fps. 

Main PC:

Peripherals/Other:

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

1 minute ago, bellabichon said:

Remind me what the difference is...?

B-Die vs unknown. The part number I gave you is B-die. 

You can, on the left scroll down and change the timing sets you are looing for.

So 16-16-16-36 would be timings most known from having Samsung B-die modules.

You can also secure your searches even with other manufacturers that will carry B-Die with this link here.

https://benzhaomin.github.io/bdiefinder/

It does not have to be G.Skill. All of them have B-Die kits.

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

B-Die vs unknown. The part number I gave you is B-die. 

You can, on the left scroll down and change the timing sets you are looing for.

So 16-16-16-36 would be timings most known from having Samsung B-die modules.

You can also secure your searches even with other manufacturers that will carry B-Die with this link here.

https://benzhaomin.github.io/bdiefinder/

It does not have to be G.Skill. All of them have B-Die kits.

Ooh, good to know. And Samsung B-die is typically regarded as best-in-class, correct? 

Main PC:

Peripherals/Other:

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Just now, bellabichon said:

Ooh, good to know. And Samsung B-die is typically regarded as best-in-class, correct? 

One of the best in class yes. I'd also say Micron E-Die is right up there on that scale as well. But generally better on the really fast kits above 4000mt/s.