PC upgrade on a budget.

Budget (including currency): £200 (GDP) 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  Minecraft with shaders. Ark:survival evolved, scrap mechanic.  constantly having discord open.

Other details

Please can people suggest parts that fit into my budget . I'm going to be buying when parts go down in price (hopefully around november). If i can't get all this with £250 feel free to go a little over budget or get mad at a random internet

person for wasting your time :D. 

My existing pc rn:

i5-2400
RX 570 4GB (bottlenecked by RX 570 😞 )   
Be Quiet System Power 9 500W

OPtiplex 3010 case and mobo

Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 64.5 CFM CPU Cooler

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB

250GB hdd WDC

2x4gb DDR3 ram

I use one 760p monitor and one 1080p monitor.

I need new RAM, a motherboard, a cpu and a case. as i want to upgrade my case and a better cpu would need a new mobo and case and the mobo would make me need ddr4 ram.

This is all to upgrade my CPU so the rest i would like to have decent stuff of but doesnt need to be too good just needs to be upgradeable.

If i can get it, i'd love a 

Phanteks Eclipse P360A ATX Mid Tower Case.

How about:

used: i5-7600K,

used: Asus B150M Pro or anything similar

used/new: 8gb DDR4 2133 ram 

-> would come to about 230-250€

11 minutes ago, noodlespinbot said:

Phanteks Eclipse P360A

pretty hefty case for a mid range rig.

1 minute ago, Haraikomono said:

How about:

used: i5-7600K,

used: Asus B150M Pro or anything similar

used/new: 8gb DDR4 2133 ram 

-> would come to about 230-250€

pretty hefty case for a mid range rig.

oooooo tysm for responding.

yeah i know it's kinda a bit of a stretch for the case.

Honestly I wouldn't even bother trying to upgrade yet as prices for things are still up there. Especially since to get a decent mobo for the new CPUs is about $100. Finding a CPU and Ram that will also keep you under budget is highly unlikely. Your GPU isn't thank bad actually so IMO I would save a bit more and just get what you want rather than wasting money on something you're going to be replacing anyways. 

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB White Edition All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING ATX LGA1200 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Boosted to 4400MHz

Storage: 6 various HDDs and SSDs
Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix 3090
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL 
Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 1000w
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 OLED 49"
Keyboard: Logitech G915 
Mouse: Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED
Headphones: Sennheiser RS 175

Mic: Blue Yeti

9 minutes ago, MrSimplicity said:

Honestly I wouldn't even bother trying to upgrade yet as prices for things are still up there. Especially since to get a decent mobo for the new CPUs is about $100. Finding a CPU and Ram that will also keep you under budget is highly unlikely. Your GPU isn't thank bad actually so IMO I would save a bit more and just get what you want rather than wasting money on something you're going to be replacing anyways. 

I'm going to be buying when parts go down in price (hopefully around november).

Just now, noodlespinbot said:

yeah, So with that I would say a Decent Mobo is around $100, Ram (at least 16BG) will be about $100 depending. Now it depends do you want to upgrade to the newest intel socket or are you willing to go with LGA1151 and stick with a 9series cpu that will still last you a few years.

MSI Z170-A PRO LGA 1151, Intel i7-9700k, and then just about any 16gb dual channel kit. Would be roughly 400-450€

That would give you plenty of life on those parts alone to then get a new GPU eventually within the next year or so and have a solid system for the next few years.

CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB White Edition All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Boosted to 4400MHz

On 4/24/2021 at 6:33 AM, noodlespinbot said:

Please read my post before suggesting 🙂

Yeah, the point was me saying to save more money to allocate to your build. You can very well go with cheap used parts but if you save the extra 2 to 3 hundred then you would be able to get parts that will last you years to come instead of having to upgrade again within the next year. Also when it comes to PC parts used can get very sketchy as you don't know how much life is really left in them or how they were used prior to you owning them.

If you absolutely know months down the line you aren't going to have more than £200 or £250 then you probably shouldn't be trying to upgrade anything. I think it's a fair assessment that by November if you are actually serious about giving your build an actual upgrade that you can save more money.

If you see my my signature, you can see my build, and can see that I don't waste money on cheapo parts that are just going to have to be changed out in a year or two. Now obviously I have the money to blow on top of the line hardware (minus paying scalper prices on say a 3090). my previous build before this was one I built in 2014 that lasted me until a little over a year ago (approximately 6 years). 

My reasoning behind the, apparently well over your budget, is to give you something that won't have to just be replaced again in a short-ish amount of time. You know... bang for your buck. So sorry if I didn't make that clear.

On 4/20/2021 at 3:52 PM, MrSimplicity said:

IMO I would save a bit more and just get what you want rather than wasting money on something you're going to be replacing anyways.