ROG Flow X13 "Next Gen GPU Update" is live

BUYERS BEWARE.

When Linus reviewed this laptop, he specifically said that the GTX1650 Internal GPU will be updated with "Next gen GPU" in Q2 2021. Well, it's live now.

As the title says, Asus will be rolling out the "Next-gen Update" of Asus ROG Flow X13 Internal GPU. It will get a huge bump of performance from the updated RTX 3050Ti for the same price. My connection in retails told me that it will slowly be available for purchase from May 2021. 

So again, buyers beware. Do not fell into the same BS with me of buying the GTX 1650 Max-Q version (GV301GH) when the RTX 3050Ti version (GV301QE) is rolling out soon. Avoid the GV301QH Variant at all cost. IMO, this is a real shady move from Asus. That's like marketing a V6 variant of a car and then releasing the V8 variant literally 3 months later. This is unacceptable and frankly disgusting.

Screenshot_20210419-233017_Samsung Internet.jpg

When will it come to the US? And will supply be scarce?

On 4/22/2021 at 7:31 AM, Shah2320 said:

When will it come to the US? And will supply be scarce?

I think it will be widely available around June/July, along the Supernova edition that has been delayed since February 

Supply will be okay, since Flow X13 us not a "sweet spot" laptop that checkes all the boxes like G14 or G15. 

The GTX 1650 + Ryzen 7 5800HS version is available for purchase in my locality

Edited by Sacriledgy

On 4/23/2021 at 3:51 AM, Sacriledgy said:

I think it will be widely available around June/July, along the Supernova edition that has been delayed since February 

Supply will be okay, since Flow X13 us not a "sweet spot" laptop that checkes all the boxes like G14 or G15. 

The current one with the 1650 is incredibly hard to find in the US. Will that be the case for the 3050ti model in the US? And is the June/July time period accurate for the US?

On 4/23/2021 at 3:51 AM, Sacriledgy said:

Also, where do you live that it is available? Can it be shipped to the states?

On 4/25/2021 at 10:53 AM, Shah2320 said:

The current one with the 1650 is incredibly hard to find in the US. Will that be the case for the 3050ti model in the US? And is the June/July time period accurate for the US?

I think the problem has got to do something with XG Mobile connection, thus the available issues persist on the unit that are bundled with XG Mobile GPU. 

To clear up any confusion, My (old-ish) Flow X13 unit is the laptop only version that is sold as a standalone laptop, without the external GPU. It has a slightly different configuration from the Bundled version. It comes with Ryzen 7 5800HS instead of Ryzen 9 5900HS/5980HS, 512GB SSD instead of 1TB, and 16GB of RAM instead of 32GB (the higher spec is for the XG Mobile-bundled version and Supernova version). All of it currently comes with GTX 1650 Max-q for Internal dedicated GPU, which will be updated to RTX 3050Ti very soon.

June/July is my personal prediction based on the timeline that i got from Asus Rep in Indonesia. They said that they will start rolling out the RTX 3050Ti version on May to reviewers. Counting from past (and personal experience with Asus ROG product launch) the retail availability will come around June/July (which lines up with their promise in early March about them delaying Supernova edition until July to fix the issues above).

Hope this helps

On 4/28/2021 at 6:45 AM, Sacriledgy said:

I think the problem has got to do something with XG Mobile connection, thus the available issues persist on the unit that are bundled with XG Mobile GPU. 

To clear up any confusion, My (old-ish) Flow X13 unit is the laptop only version that is sold as a standalone laptop, without the external GPU. It has a slightly different configuration from the Bundled version. It comes with Ryzen 7 5800HS instead of Ryzen 9 5900HS/5980HS, 512GB SSD instead of 1TB, and 16GB of RAM instead of 32GB (the higher spec is for the XG Mobile-bundled version and Supernova version). All of it currently comes with GTX 1650 Max-q for Internal dedicated GPU, which will be updated to RTX 3050Ti very soon.

June/July is my personal prediction based on the timeline that i got from Asus Rep in Indonesia. They said that they will start rolling out the RTX 3050Ti version on May to reviewers. Counting from past (and personal experience with Asus ROG product launch) the retail availability will come around June/July (which lines up with their promise in early March about them delaying Supernova edition until July to fix the issues above).

Hope this helps

Hey mate, I came across this thread just now, shocked to hear that 3050 refresh is due soon, I pre ordered the XG Mobile bundle through Tokopedia from MimoMart

what caught my attention is that the model they are selling is the maxed out spec without  4k display (comes with fhd 120hz).

do u think the 3050 model will come with the 120hz screen? And what do u think I should do with my preorder?

thx, and glad to have found this thread

On 5/3/2021 at 11:04 PM, MaximaDrive said:

Hey mate, I came across this thread just now, shocked to hear that 3050 refresh is due soon, I pre ordered the XG Mobile bundle through Tokopedia from MimoMart

what caught my attention is that the model they are selling is the maxed out spec without  4k display (comes with fhd 120hz).

do u think the 3050 model will come with the 120hz screen? And what do u think I should do with my preorder?

thx, and glad to have found this thread

Honestly if you're getting the ones with XG Mobile, it's fine. But if you're like me and getting the standalone laptop, I'd cancel it

Well.....a wide selection on new variants showing on the Asus global site... 2021 ROG Flow X13 (asus.com) Rather peculiar selection if 1650, 3050 and 3050Ti, some in Supernova some in none Supernova.....oh and only showing 4K screens....

On 5/12/2021 at 3:19 AM, Mr Brolin said:

Well.....a wide selection on new variants showing on the Asus global site... 2021 ROG Flow X13 (asus.com) Rather peculiar selection if 1650, 3050 and 3050Ti, some in Supernova some in none Supernova.....oh and only showing 4K screens....

RTX 3050ti and 3050 will be available with 1080-120Hz screen though. Many European already pre ordered it (source: r/FlowX13)

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/asus-rog-flow-x13-13-4-2-in-1-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-9-5900hs-1tb-ssd-16gb-ram-rtx-3050-ti-en/15458969

• 2 weeks later...

ROG Flow X13 was deployed in India yesterday.

Any new information recently?

On 4/20/2021 at 6:28 PM, Sacriledgy said:

BUYERS BEWARE.

When Linus reviewed this laptop, he specifically said that the GTX1650 Internal GPU will be updated with "Next gen GPU" in Q2 2021. Well, it's live now.

As the title says, Asus will be rolling out the "Next-gen Update" of Asus ROG Flow X13 Internal GPU. It will get a huge bump of performance from the updated RTX 3050Ti for the same price. My connection in retails told me that it will slowly be available for purchase from May 2021. 

So again, buyers beware. Do not fell into the same BS with me of buying the GTX 1650 Max-Q version (GV301GH) when the RTX 3050Ti version (GV301QE) is rolling out soon. Avoid the GV301QH Variant at all cost. IMO, this is a real shady move from Asus. That's like marketing a V6 variant of a car and then releasing the V8 variant literally 3 months later. This is unacceptable and frankly disgusting.

Screenshot_20210419-233017_Samsung Internet.jpg

I was searching for some info about that 3050Ti model performance, but all I found is just only 3 benchmarks on site userbenchmark, like this one: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/43390093

And one benchmark from 3dmark: https://www.3dmark.com/spy/20552112

According to those scores, GV301QE and GV301QH wouldn't be so distant between themselves, in terms of GPU performance.