3 ISPs with one Public IP

srv4ever

Guys,

My situation is this: I have 3 different ISPs: VIVO, TIM, and NET here in Brazil (1 Static IP and 2 Dynamic).
I need to do 3 things:

1) Connect my 3 ISPs on one device.
  2) I need to use only one public IP to connect to the internet. Every single workstation needs to connect through this IP as if there is only one ISP connected.
  3) If the main link goes down, another link could assume its place but the same old public IP still must be used.

Is there a way to do that? Any appliance, proxy, or DDNS?

Thanks in advance.

A VPN connection where everyone connects to the exact same server? 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

20 minutes ago, srv4ever said:

2) I need to use only one public IP to connect to the internet. Every single workstation needs to connect through this IP as if there is only one ISP connected

Not possible. You do not control your public IP and there is literally no way of doing this.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

11 minutes ago, Nathanpete said:

A VPN connection where everyone connects to the exact same server? 

Thanks for your response.
That would indeed solve part of the issue, which is our server.
But we also use some banking applications, and they just disconnect a workstation that tries to log in with more than 1 Public IP.

3 minutes ago, srv4ever said:

Thanks for your response.
That would indeed solve part of the issue, which is our server.
But we also use some banking applications, and they just disconnect a workstation that tries to log in with more than 1 Public IP.

I assume you mean that you are not creating a VPN on one of your servers and directing everything through it. I meant like purchasing a enterprise VPN solution and route all your clients to the same server every time, so that your public facing IP address shouldn't change, just your port numbers. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

3 minutes ago, Nathanpete said:

I assume you mean that you are not creating a VPN on one of your servers and directing everything through it. I meant like purchasing a enterprise VPN solution and route all your clients to the same server every time, so that your public facing IP address shouldn't change, just your port numbers. 

Oh, I'm sorry! I get it now.
I'll look more into that.
Thank you!

The only way I see to do this is to have something, either your router or a server, maintain a constant VPN connection to elsewhere, and route all traffic through the VPN connection. The VPN should reconnect if the ISP its using goes down, and the outside applications will only see the public IP of whatever you’ve VPN’d to.

If you actually want to try to use the additional bandwidth of the other ISPs while they are up, then you’ll need to either pay for a service or do a lot of custom work to enable this. Basically both ends have to be constantly monitoring all three possible connections, and distributing traffic between them.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

2 minutes ago, brwainer said:

The only way I see to do this is to have something, either your router or a server, maintain a constant VPN connection to elsewhere, and route all traffic through the VPN connection. The VPN should reconnect if the ISP its using goes down, and the outside applications will only see the public IP of whatever you’ve VPN’d to.

If you actually want to try to use the additional bandwidth of the other ISPs while they are up, then you’ll need to either pay for a service or do a lot of custom work to enable this. Basically both ends have to be constantly monitoring all three possible connections, and distributing traffic between them.

It looks like VPN is the way to go.
Bandwidth is not a problem. The main concern is availability.
Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, guys.

I'm wondering about the possible solution:

1) Connect all 3 ISPs on a TPLink RT480T+ or a Router X or even on a Mikrotik RB750GR3.
2) Use a VPN service (like ExpressVPN) and tunnel all my traffic through it. (OpenVPN or L2TP/IPSec maybe?)

Does it work? And what about performance, is it even usable?

Again, thank you guys so much!

2 hours ago, srv4ever said:

Hey, guys.

1) Connect all 3 ISPs on a TPLink RT480T+ or a Router X or even on a Mikrotik RB750GR3.
2) Use a VPN service (like ExpressVPN) and tunnel all my traffic through it. (OpenVPN or L2TP/IPSec maybe?)

This is literally what I said to do:

On 4/20/2021 at 11:18 AM, brwainer said:

You may see downtime of up to a minute depending on how quickly the router realizes the connection has dropped and starts reconnecting.

3 hours ago, srv4ever said:

Hey, guys.

What you're looking for is https://www.openmptcprouter.com/

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) + GL.iNet GL-X3000/ Spitz AX WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~1200Mbit down, 115Mbit up, variable)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

16 hours ago, brwainer said:

This is literally what I said to do:

You may see downtime of up to a minute depending on how quickly the router realizes the connection has dropped and starts reconnecting.

I see now. My bad!
English is not my native language, so sometimes it can be a little bit hard to understand.

And how about performance? Do you know if the speeds are usable?

4 hours ago, srv4ever said:

I see now. My bad!
English is not my native language, so sometimes it can be a little bit hard to understand.

And how about performance? Do you know if the speeds are usable?

“Speed” is based on two factors.

1. How fast the connection is between the router and the VPN server

2. How much additional latency is added.

Neither of these can be predicted, you just have to try it and see.

I agree that the MPTCP project that @Alex Atkin UK shared may be a good fit for you, it just needs you to rent a VPS instead of paying for a standard VPN service.

19 hours ago, brwainer said:

“Speed” is based on two factors.

1. How fast the connection is between the router and the VPN server

2. How much additional latency is added.

Neither of these can be predicted, you just have to try it and see.

I agree that the MPTCP project that @Alex Atkin UK shared may be a good fit for you, it just needs you to rent a VPS instead of paying for a standard VPN service.

Thank you for replying!

Got it!

We already rent a VPS for our ERP, and that is, in fact, the server that we want to connect with just one IP.
That server and some banking applications are the cause of this project.
About MPTCP, I'll give that a shot this weekend.

7 hours ago, srv4ever said:

Thank you for replying!

I'm going to test it this weekend.

Let us know how you get on as I did setup a VPS for this but never got round to testing it as I didn't really want to add another point of failure behind my router or replace my router with it, due to it complicating my existing network configuration.

Failing that, standard load balancing can work so long as your router allows policy routing, where you can specify the problematic banking site to only use one specific WAN.  I've found 99% of websites work absolutely fine with your IP constantly switching between different WANs, never had an issues with banking sites either to be honest.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) + GL.iNet GL-X3000/ Spitz AX WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~1200Mbit down, 115Mbit up, variable)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7