Best way to test my OCs

JuicyPie

Hey fellas, I recently got my hands on the NZXT starter PC and wanted to play around with Overclocking to squeeze some extra performance out of the components. I'm kind of new to the Overclocking side of the PC world, but have a good grasp on how to do it and what to watch for. 

I really wanna know some of your methods to Overclocking GPUs. Do you start with memory? *Core* clock? Both? How much do you increase them by per benchmark?

For reference I'm running an i3 9100f with a GTX 1650 while using a NZXTs CAM for simple UI on Overclocking.

Edited by JuicyPie
Mislabeled processor and accidentally said base clock rather than core clock.

I use MSI Afterburner, and I don't think GPUs have base clock (though they do have core clock).

I typically start with memory, going 50 MHz at a time, then running Unigine Superposition, and once it can't go any farther I drop it 50 MHz and start on core.

I'm only able to get mine 15 MHz or so higher on the core, but I also have pre-overclocked cards. For core I raise it 5 MHz at a time, test with Superposition, rinse, and repeat.

The reset switch will be your friend.

elephants

I meant core clock, my bad. As I said, still pretty new to the whole thing. I'll definitely test this out. Would you recommend just leaving the power limit at 100% and not adjusting it at all? I have been playing with the OCs a little then running benchmarks on Heaven. What'd the advantage to Superposition?