Home Networking

Real Knots
2 hours ago, Real Knots said:

Well, if you think about it, mint mobiles unlimited plan is truly unlimited and all the other plans are not at all.  Now if we are talking speed wise, no its is completely 100% limited, but it is still semi usable if you are used to slow internet 24/7, like i am

Most providers here in the US will provide "Unlimited" to a phone. The minuet you hotspot or tether you will loose "Unlimited" to those devices. Thats exactly what Mint is saying above. You can use as much data as you want, with after 35Gigs you data might be slowed. HOWEVER, if you hotspot or Tether then your limited to 5 Gb per month. The only "Unlimited" LTE home internet I know of on the market is from T Mobile. Its 50 Mbps for $50/m, plus taxes and fees. The only two downsides I have heard is that data might be permanently "De prioritized" and that you will have to deal with carrier grade NAT. 

7 hours ago, Real Knots said:

we have the 100mbps plan which is fine for everyone except me. 

That should be more than fine for gaming. I was fine when we were on 75 Mbps from Comcast. The fact of the matter is, people are working from home. ALL providers are overloaded. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

14 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

The fact of the matter is, people are working from home. ALL providers are overloaded. 

I get that and that could be a reason, but I assume thats not why im experiencing high latency at 2-3 in the morning

15 minutes ago, Real Knots said:

I get that and that could be a reason, but I assume thats not why im experiencing high latency at 2-3 in the morning

They are probably doing maintance around them. Thats when Comcast does most of theirs. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.