Intel WiFi

SmartMo458

I’m considering buying an Intel WiFi m.2 and was wondering which one is worth it? The intel WiFi 6 (Gig+) or the Intel WiFi Wireless? 

Thank You!

Plz quote me for responses.

1 minute ago, SmartMo458 said:

I’m considering buying an Intel WiFi m.2 and was wondering which one is worth it? The intel WiFi 6 (Gig+) or the Intel WiFi Wireless?

What is the difference that you're seeing?

The AX200 and AX210 are both the latest that Intel has to offer with regards to WiFi 6 and WiFi 6E adapters (respectively). If your computer can support dual-band antennae and the form factor of the card, I'd go with any of the two, especially since these adapters are fairly inexpensive.

Upgrade to a WiFi 6 router and you might get a few improvements over previous generations... Not by leaps and bounds when it comes to speed, but improved simultaneous client-to-client communication.

45 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

What is the difference that you're seeing?

The AX200 and AX210 are both the latest that Intel has to offer with regards to WiFi 6 and WiFi 6E adapters (respectively). If your computer can support dual-band antennae and the form factor of the card, I'd go with any of the two, especially since these adapters are fairly inexpensive.

Upgrade to a WiFi 6 router and you might get a few improvements over previous generations... Not by leaps and bounds when it comes to speed, but improved simultaneous client-to-client communication.

The AX210 seems faster to me even on WiFi 5 although its hard to be sure as its still early days for drivers.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7