RTX 3090 issues?

Leothechosen

Build:

CPU: Ryzen 5950x

CPU Cooler: Enermax ETS-T50 Axe

GPU: MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 3090

Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)

Memory: 4x16 GSkill Trident Z RGB

Power Supply: Corsair 850W

Case: Thermaltake View 37

Latest NVIDIA Graphics Driver

The other day, I noticed that when I have a game up on my main monitor, videos that are playing on my second stutter hard. However I saw an article that suggested that this might be due to the latest Windows Update.

But this morning after turning on my PC and opening firefox, I see this.

image.thumb.png.db8da983fc41365839d750155c2709e2.png

Is my RTX 3090 dying already?

2 minutes ago, Leothechosen said:

Build:

Power Supply: Apevia 1000W 80+ Gold

The other day, I noticed that when I have a game up on my main monitor, videos that are playing on my second stutter hard. However I saw an article that suggested that this might be due to the latest Windows Update.

Ummmm...

Can you link that power supply?

That does not sound like a good brand

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, davemc said:

Ummmm...

Can you link that power supply?

That does not sound like a good brand

Oh sorry, I copy pasted the build and forgot to update that I upgraded the power supply to a Corsair 850W. 

24 minutes ago, DobertRownySr said:

That looks like a video memory issue. The card is defective.

Oddly enough on fresh boot and a GTA V "stress test", the artifacts aren't appearing. I'm going to be running a FurMark test for 30 minutes to make sure.

3 minutes ago, Leothechosen said:

Oddly enough on fresh boot and a GTA V "stress test", the artifacts aren't appearing. I'm going to be running a FurMark test for 30 minutes to make sure.

Try increasing your memory clocks with something like MSI after burner. If the same thing happens after you increase the frequency, then it's 100% a video memory issue.

9 minutes ago, DobertRownySr said:

Try increasing your memory clocks with something like MSI after burner. If the same thing happens after you increase the frequency, then it's 100% a video memory issue.

Wouldn't this introduce a possibility of it just being just an unstable overclock? Don't think it'd definitively point to the memory itself being defective.

1 minute ago, Leothechosen said:

Wouldn't this introduce a possibility of it just being just an unstable overclock? Don't think it'd definitively point to the memory itself being defective.

If the memory is unstable at stock, then that's considered a defect.

But either way, it shouldn't have artifacts the way it does. Even with an unstable clock

• 6 months later...

I was playing around with Audio Drivers, and i had a similar bug happened to me three times, i reinstall drivers studio ones intstead of the game ready, and didnt have the issue, but i would like to know what was in your case, or if mine is just lkuck, and i m better off rma ing the card, i dont want to be left with a bad vram, can you please comment :)

as a side note, im using nicehash to mine, while im afk :)

thanks!

Max.-

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-03 at 16.53.28.jpeg

On 4/19/2021 at 9:17 AM, Leothechosen said:

Build:

Power Supply: Corsair 850W

5 hours ago, JeJaRaLa said:

This does not work on 3090 RTX and thats what i have 😞 

also, did you RMA yours?, or it was just something random, like mine so far... ?

It did not work on my card, Did you RMA yours ?, or should i rma mine, i havent seen any other corruption, since i installed the studio drivers

i can test with latest game drivers if it happen again just to make sure, but so far nothing

i started a thread in nvidia support, but nothing so far over there 

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/473984/3090-gaming-trio-black-box-artifact-first-in-rdp-m/

hope anyone can help , rma the card is two month without the card where i live :S\ and i have it since augoust ...

I tested everything as the post said, i even used all vram memory with a lot of open 4k games to see if it somehow i see it again, or directly restart etc, but nothing, i really dont know what to do, because i cant get it out of my head, and i wouldnt like to be left with a broken GPU if it is the case

Thanks again