First Time Build

grutomo

Budget (including currency): ~$1000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: multi-purpose, non-competitive/casual gaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

thoughts? https://pcpartpicker.com/user/grutomo/saved/#view=vVnKXL

Make your parts list public first. PCPP have it on private by default iirc.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

4 minutes ago, grutomo said:

Still private.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

4 minutes ago, grutomo said:

dang it. does this work? https://pcpartpicker.com/user/grutomo/saved/#view=vVnKXL

sorry, first time lmao

Quite honestly, even though it's a fairly lower end system, Is pretty good. I would definitely look into a different case though. Should be able to find one between 50-60 and still stay under your budget. Also your could also save a buck and just stick with the stock wraith cooler that comes with the CPU. It's more than enough if you're not trying to overclock which you wouldn't be able to do with the tower cooler either. Lastly if you can swing the few extra bucks I'd get a better motherboard as well. The one you have is a bit lacking when it comes to features and I/O

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO 
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING ATX LGA1200 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Boosted to 4400MHz

Storage: Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2
Storage: Silicon Power A55 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda Pro 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix 3090
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL 
Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 1000w
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Home
Monitor: 3x 27" AOC Gaming monitor with QHD 2K 2560x1440 144hz
Keyboard: Logitech G915 
Mouse: Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED
Headphones: Sennheiser RS 175

Mic: Blue Yeti

15 minutes ago, grutomo said:

dang it. does this work? https://pcpartpicker.com/user/grutomo/saved/#view=vVnKXL

sorry, first time lmao

It does. I'd change a few things.

CPU: 10400, Mobo: B460, RAM: 3000/2666 MHz (whichever you find cheaper, sometimes prices are outta whack).

There's no point in getting an APU and a discrete graphics card at the same time. The things is, you can't get GPU's at normal prices right now, so the best thing to do is to use a CPU with integrated graphics or an APU from AMD. However, this CPU is so much more powerful than the one you chose. So, I'd suggest you to use the iGPU in the Intel CPU, and wait till the prices drop to treat yourself to a brand new GPU.

Also with this kinda build, you don't need a CPU cooler, the stock one would be fine if you want to save some cash. Also, Idk the brand of RAM you chose, I generally stick to Crucial or some other DRAM manufacturer.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

12 minutes ago, grutomo said:

sorry, first time lmao

Hoo boy, that scalped 1650 Super. Thats far cry from real price and you overspent on it, here's a better build on that when the GPU prices comes back to sanity.

If you really need to get a usable PC for the basics now, go for @AnirbanG007 advice and swap it for a 10400 with a B460M board. You can save more on the RAM with any generic 2666mhz too, and probably squeeze a 3060Ti with it too.

2 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Hoo boy, that scalped 1650 Super. Thats far cry from real price and you overspent on it, here's a better build on that when the GPU prices comes back to sanity.

If you really need to get a usable PC for the basics now, go for @AnirbanG007 advice and swap it for a 10400 with a B460M board. You can save more on the RAM with any generic 2666mhz too, and probably squeeze a 3060Ti with it too.

IMHO, I'd get a 7200 rpm HDD, and an SN550 from WD, it's 60 usd.

3 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Psu is not enough for 3060 and ryzen 5 3600 , better to get a psu which is 800 or 800+ wattage

4 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

oh damn that's really good. Tbh i wasn't sure about that 1650 either. thanks a lot!

1 minute ago, Crafter King said:

Psu is not enough for 3060 and ryzen 5 3600 , better to get a psu which is 800 or 800+ wattage

Nah, even a 550-600W, is enough for a 3060 and 3600 combo. 650 is keeping in mind, the future.

9 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

here's a better build on that when the GPU prices comes back to sanity.

Well according to the Tawain company that makes them, they probably won't have enough production scaled to really start meeting demand until 2022. Probably best to try and snag something at a somewhat reasonable price in used market, but even some of the bidding wars on Ebay have been insane lately.

Just now, RAM555789 said:

Well according to the Tawain company that makes them, they probably won't have enough production scaled to really start meeting demand until 2022. Probably best to try and snag something at a somewhat reasonable price in used market, but even some of the bidding wars on Ebay have been insane lately.

Yep, its getting to the point where i can constantly find 1080Ti and 3080 listing at the same price. This is madness.