Drive not booting up

Computerfreak_213

I need help please

I did a custom built almost 6 months ago and I almost never has an issue with it. Today I had this issue where the computer motherboard would not boot up to my O.S drive. It keeps on saying:

reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device

I tried booting up via a windows installer usb to scan for any problems, but it did not boot up on to the usb either. 

can someone help please 

Specs:

WD blue 2tb HDD

seagate 200gb HDD 

amd Ryzen 3200g

Windows 10 pro

2x 4gb ddr4 Crucial Ballstix RAM

I barely even use it

Have you selected the drive in the BIOS? To get to the BIOS, when you start up, spam F2 or Delete if you were unaware

Just now, Acxd__OnTwitch said:

Have you selected the drive in the BIOS? To get to the BIOS, when you start up, spam F2 or Delete if you were unaware

I tried doing that but it doesn’t work either

Just now, Computerfreak_213 said:

I tried doing that but it doesn’t work either

Have you tried disconnecting all drives besides the OS boot drive to force it to boot to that drive?

Have you tried disconnecting all drives besides the OS boot drive to force it to boot to that drive?

Yes

1 minute ago, Computerfreak_213 said:

Yes

Have you tried disconnecting every drive, even the OS Drive and booting off a Windows Media Creation USB, I seen you had tried that but was that with everything disconnected?

Have you tried disconnecting every drive, even the OS Drive and booting off a Windows Media Creation USB, I seen you had tried that but was that with everything disconnected?

When I inserted the usb the drive was not disconnected 

Just now, Computerfreak_213 said:

When I inserted the usb the drive was not disconnected 

Try booting with everything disconnected bar the USB drive to ensure its not a internal drive issue

Try booting with everything disconnected bar the USB drive to ensure its not a internal drive issue

Ok I’ll try

2 minutes ago, Computerfreak_213 said:

Ok I’ll try

Lmk the outcome!

1 hour ago, Acxd__OnTwitch said:

Lmk the outcome!

So it booted up into windows! Now the problem is when I login, it says preparing windows. Then it says that windows can’t login into your account. It sends me into a temporary account. 

4 minutes ago, Computerfreak_213 said:

So it booted up into windows! Now the problem is when I login, it says preparing windows. Then it says that windows can’t login into your account. It sends me into a temporary account. 

Okay that's a step forward! So it boots into windows with the drives now connected? If so that's great! I'm unsure on how you could fix the Windows issue though. I would personally Google it and see if someone has a solution or contact Microsoft. Hopefully everything starts working properly soon!

9 hours ago, Acxd said:

Okay that's a step forward! So it boots into windows with the drives now connected? If so that's great! I'm unsure on how you could fix the Windows issue though. I would personally Google it and see if someone has a solution or contact Microsoft. Hopefully everything starts working properly soon!

Thanks for the help 😊 

7 minutes ago, Computerfreak_213 said:

Thanks for the help 😊 

Anytime!