Radiator fans

Dimman35

I currently have the stock fans and some pure wings 2 fans in a push/pull configuration on my corsair icue h115i rgb pro xt. I know that you should not mix fans because the difference in airflow and pressure. So I want to avoid it, I also feel like the airflow in my case is not the best. The ratioator is front mounted and blocks a lot of the incoming air in the case. Should I switch to a push/pull configuration with sone noctua nf-a14 pwm chromax.black.swap? I think mu gpu could benefit from better airflow as well.

You could swap to a top mounted radiator instead (if your case supports it). That's usually recommended as it only increases CPU thermals by a few degrees but can improve GPU thermals quite a bit.

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

1 minute ago, Dimman35 said:

I know that you should not mix fans because the difference in airflow and pressure

Always put the stronger fan as push.

You can see it printed on the back, higher AMPS usually stronger.

Don't think about it too much, different fans is better than no fans.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Just now, tishous said:

You could swap to a top mounted radiator instead (if your case supports it). That's usually recommended as it only increases CPU thermals by a few degrees but can improve GPU thermals quite a bit.

Unfortunatly my case does not support it. Otherwise that is a smart idea. 

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

Always put the stronger fan as push.

You can see it printed on the back, higher AMPS usually stronger.

Don't think about it too much, different fans is better than no fans.

Yeah, I am pretty sure that I have the stonger fans as push, thank you either way. 

1 minute ago, Dimman35 said:

Unfortunatly my case does not support it. Otherwise that is a smart idea. 

Then instead of spending like $100 on 6 NF-A14s, the Arctic P14s are a great value. You can get their 5 value pack for like $30, and the performance is almost on par with Noctua. Using them right now, and with my PC less than a foot away from me, they're very quiet.

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

8 minutes ago, tishous said:

Then instead of spending like $100 on 6 NF-A14s, the Arctic P14s are a great value. You can get their 5 value pack for like $30, and the performance is almost on par with Noctua. Using them right now, and with my PC less than a foot away from me, they're very quiet.

Oh okay, I will look in to them. Thanks! 

12 minutes ago, tishous said:

Yeah noctuas are good for silent fans, but not worth it for the price. there are plenty of cheaper alternatives.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Mixing fans for push / pull is fine as long as you're not running them at very different speeds. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.