Broken cable. Need a new headset.

Digideath

My razor headset has partially went down on me. The cable is damaged. If you move the cable around, the right side driver cuts in and out. I know it's probably fixable. Cut then resolder the wires. But I dont have a soldering iron or a steady enough hand to do it. So basically I want to buy a new set.

Can anyone recommend a decent mid range headset please.

I'm looking for a set with headphone and mic jacks. Not usb. I have my own dacs.

They dont have to be spectacular. Just good enough to play online with. That's all I use my headset for.

9 minutes ago, Misguided Penguin said:

Hyper X Cloud II are really good, I've used them in the past and the build quality are really top notch for the price.

Yep, this or the HyperX Cloud Alpha. I personally prefer the Cloud II. Best quality for the money.

2 hours ago, FRD said:

Yep, this or the HyperX Cloud Alpha. I personally prefer the Cloud II. Best quality for the money.

A step up would be cooler master MH752 or MH751 since they are the takstar pro 82 reskin rather than the takstar pro 80 from the Cloud 2's. The cloud 2's are rather old so the MH752's would be more worth it. The mic is also 10x better for being a headset mic.

EDIT: You said you had your own DAC. Pick the 751 since it is 3.5mm.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)