3000$ build secondary components comparation

Stoinberg

Ok, so I was choosing the parts for a future gaming/streaming rig for my home. I am sure on the core components (motherboard, cpu, videocard) but I still have to decide the cooling, case and parts which I still didn't explore yet. But this is what I came up though.

I was wondering which brands or types of ssd, coolers, ram, psu and keyboard/mouse in your opinion you think will br the best choice.  

I am going for a red and black color scheme, a windowed case would be the obvious choice, have any led fans recommendations?

!! Prices are in SGD not USD !!

post-59657-0-09818300-1396007637.png

post-59657-0-20350700-1396007638.png

That PSU is overkill for that build. I'd personally go with the EVGA NEX650G 

H100i is good.

You could go for a cheaper SSD, there's so little difference between them that it doesn't really matter which one you get. 

Could you give me a link to the site/shop you're picking the part from? Cause some of your part is really overpriced

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

I would really suggest planning your build at the time you are going to buy the parts. Planning a future build isn't great as there will be better parts (and possibly better prices).

Oh, it's in Singapore Dollar, that explained it then.

The build is good, the PSU is a bit overkilled but I think that it's needed if you plan to upgrade to SLI later on. But if you are going to buy this in around 1-2 month then it's ok, if not and you can wait then the new technology/chip set etc is right around the corner, meaning that you can either get the new one right away or the old one will get some price drop, so it's up to you.

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

Oh, it's in Singapore Dollar, that explained it then.

The build is good, the PSU is a bit overkilled but I think that it's needed if you plan to upgrade to SLI later on. But if you are going to buy this in around 1-2 month then it's ok, if not and you can wait then the new technology/chip set etc is right around the corner, meaning that you can either get the new one right away or the old one will get some price drop, so it's up to you.

Well, the new technology will probably cost a lot more than what I have now... and even if i can still wait, I think I'll better upgrade to a SLI bridge instead of buying a more expensive machine with new chipsets/generations etc .

BTW what chips are around the corner?

Well, the new technology will probably cost a lot more than what I have now... and even if i can still wait, I think I'll better upgrade to a SLI bridge instead of buying a more expensive machine with new chipsets/generations etc .

BTW what chips are around the corner?

For CPU: http://wccftech.com/haswell-refresh-series-onboard-z97-compatibilty-support-9-series-intel-chipset/

For GPU: 800 series

Could you give me a link to the site/shop you're picking the part from? Cause some of your part is really overpriced

Agreed. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw a 4770k for more then 350 bucks. In fact almost half the stuff in your cart is really high. 

Sorry, didn't see the Singapore bit before posting.  

In fact even in SGD it's still expensive, the CPU and GPU both are 50USD higher than normal, and the Motherboard is 100$ higher, other part are a bit higher as well. Since you are in Singapore I think you can look into the option of having it build somewhere else and ship to you, see if it's cheaper (I dont think shipping even from US can cost more than 200USD, or am I wrong?

In fact even in SGD it's still expensive, the CPU and GPU both are 50USD higher than normal, and the Motherboard is 100$ higher, other part are a bit higher as well. Since you are in Singapore I think you can look into the option of having it build somewhere else and ship to you, see if it's cheaper (I dont think shipping even from US can cost more than 200USD, or am I wrong?

You're right. I ordered a full PC from the US while I was in India last 2 years ago and it cost me $221. It took 15 days but still not a bad idea. The price would be made up just from getting the CPU and Mobo for the proper price. 

You're right. I ordered a full PC from the US while I was in India last 2 years ago and it cost me $221. It took 15 days but still not a bad idea. The price would be made up just from getting the CPU and Mobo for the proper price. 

Really? I'm new in the market here in Singapore because I used to live in Europe. You mean that even making the change from SGD to USD the ones in the shop cost more than in the US? I think they are making some profit on the import of each part from outside the country. Well... which shop did you have it shipped from?

Really? I'm new in the market here in Singapore because I used to live in Europe. You mean that even making the change from SGD to USD the ones in the shop cost more than in the US? I think they are making some profit on the import of each part from outside the country. Well... which shop did you have it shipped from?

I got mine from Origin but just about anywhere will box it up in a crate and ship it. 

Yes, when I change the value from SGD to USD, it's 50USD higher than the US version for CPU, same for other part (mobo 100$ higher, GPU 50$, other a bit), personally I dont know which one should you order from, since I always go and hand pick the part I needed, so I guess you can try customer support of NCIX or Newegg or whatever shop you want and ask them for the shipping price as well as wait time