Asus ROG Strix B550-A & NZXT H510 Elite

Will the Asus ROG Strix B550-A motherboard be able to support all the ports included on the NZXT H510 Elite case? Pcpartpicker says that the board does not have enough USB 3.2 Gen 2 or Gen 1 headers; therefore the USB 3.2 Get 2 Type C port on the case will not be usable. I just wanted some more confirmation if this is true.

that's correct.

also the h510 is a case with quite bad airflow for its price, so if you're building something with powerful components, you might want to reconsider, otherwise they'll get very hot.

23 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

that's correct.

also the h510 is a case with quite bad airflow for its price, so if you're building something with powerful components, you might want to reconsider, otherwise they'll get very hot.

Are there expansion cards or something that could add another header which enables the Type C port on the case?

38 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

that's correct.

The basic H510 is not that bad, its pretty actually pretty good for GPU airflow when configured with just two fans top and rear as extraction running negative pressure, at that point airholes near the front are saturated and no amount of front fans will improve it.

The but yeah the H510 Elite is stupid. It's got front RGB fans that do nothing but look pretty. One advantage of the 510 Elite is you can replace the front tempered glass with a custom mesh and get a lot more airflow but if you're going to that you're better off just getting different case in the first place.

I'm an IT System Admin with 15+ years worth of XP, plus I've been tinkering computers since I was old enough to hold a screwdriver, so I usually know what I'm talking about.

20 minutes ago, ObsidianAura said:

The basic H510 is not that bad, its pretty actually pretty good for GPU airflow when configured with just two fans top and rear as extraction running negative pressure, at that point airholes near the front are saturated and no amount of front fans will improve it.

The but yeah the H510 Elite is stupid. It's got front RGB fans that do nothing but look pretty. One advantage of the 510 Elite is you can replace the front tempered glass with a custom mesh and get a lot more airflow but if you're going to that you're better off just getting different case in the first place.

Any case suggestions? I'm going for a white/black theme, and prefer clean and modern styles. That's why I chose the H510 Elite. As for thermals, I was thinking an AIO would be sufficient enough to keep temperatures low. 

5 minutes ago, Sapphire1217 said:

Any case suggestions? I'm going for a white/black theme, and prefer clean and modern styles. That's why I chose the H510 Elite. As for thermals, I was thinking an AIO would be sufficient enough to keep temperatures low. 

Ha! I’m the exact same I use an H510 standard version and a Noctua NH-15s with black and white Chromax coverings.

The standard H510 is fine! The elite is the waste of money IMO.

Here’s a pic of my rig 

96B079BC-4A48-4DEF-819A-367D894F1629.jpeg

I'm an IT System Admin with 15+ years worth of XP, plus I've been tinkering computers since I was old enough to hold a screwdriver, so I usually know what I'm talking about.