PLEASE HELP! MOTHERBOARD NOT WORKING

Azade12
Go to solution Solved by Azade12,
10 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Sounds like it could be posting you just aren’t seeing it. 

Bombastinator you were right. My GPU had to just be reinserted. I often overlook the most trivial solutions in conclusion to crack at the most difficult problems. Turns out it was easy. Thanks for everything! 🙂

GUYS! PLEASE HELP!

My ASUS TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS MOBO doesn't recognize Zen 3 natively. It's a new PC build and I don't have any Zen 2. I have tried flashing the BIOS 6 times but it hasn't worked at all. I've followed all the steps perfectly. The MOBO recognizes the file and flashes the LED until it turns off when it is done, but still, nothing! PLEASE HELP! 

I'm using a Ryzen 7 5800x

RYZEN 5800X

ASUS B550M (WIFI)

GTX 1060 6G

3200 MHZ RAM

RM650 PSU

256G SATA SSD

1TB NVM.E SSD

3TB 5400 WD HDD

45 minutes ago, Azade12 said:

GUYS! PLEASE HELP!

My ASUS TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS MOBO doesn't recognize Zen 3 natively. It's a new PC build and I don't have any Zen 2. I have tried flashing the BIOS 6 times but it hasn't worked at all. I've followed all the steps perfectly. The MOBO recognizes the file and flashes the LED until it turns off when it is done, but still, nothing! PLEASE HELP! 

I'm using a Ryzen 7 5800x

This one seems to beg for more details.  Why do you feel that it isn’t working? 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

This one seems to beg for more details.  Why do you feel that it isn’t working? 

There is no signal to the monitor. My motherboard does not support Ryzen 5000 series out of the box so I have to update it with a bios flash.

I have reinserted the ram sticks, and they are powered because they have lights. My CPU is powered. My GPU is on. Everything is plugged in correctly. I only figured out that I had to update the BIOS yesterday and am doing it all today. 

I have formated my flash drive to FAT32. I renamed the BIOS update file using a tool provided and manually. Still there is nothing. Also I have flashed the bios multiple times. The LED flashing part too. None has worked.

RYZEN 5800X

ASUS B550M (WIFI)

GTX 1060 6G

3200 MHZ RAM

RM650 PSU

256G SATA SSD

1TB NVM.E SSD

3TB 5400 WD HDD

6 minutes ago, Azade12 said:

There is no signal to the monitor. My motherboard does not support Ryzen 5000 series out of the box so I have to update it with a bios flash.

I have reinserted the ram sticks, and they are powered because they have lights. My CPU is powered. My GPU is on. Everything is plugged in correctly. I only figured out that I had to update the BIOS yesterday and am doing it all today. 

I have formated my flash drive to FAT32. I renamed the BIOS update file using a tool provided and manually. Still there is nothing. Also I have flashed the bios multiple times. The LED flashing part too. None has worked.

So you feel it’s a bios issue because your monitor isn’t working.  What about gpu driver stuff?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

So you feel it’s a bios issue because your monitor isn’t working.  What about gpu driver stuff?

Hmm, can I update GPU drivers? There is no post on the PC.

RYZEN 5800X

ASUS B550M (WIFI)

GTX 1060 6G

3200 MHZ RAM

RM650 PSU

256G SATA SSD

1TB NVM.E SSD

3TB 5400 WD HDD

7 hours ago, Azade12 said:

Hmm, can I update GPU drivers? There is no post on the PC.

8 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

How can I get this done then

RYZEN 5800X

ASUS B550M (WIFI)

GTX 1060 6G

3200 MHZ RAM

RM650 PSU

256G SATA SSD

1TB NVM.E SSD

3TB 5400 WD HDD

10 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Bombastinator you were right. My GPU had to just be reinserted. I often overlook the most trivial solutions in conclusion to crack at the most difficult problems. Turns out it was easy. Thanks for everything! 🙂

RYZEN 5800X

ASUS B550M (WIFI)

GTX 1060 6G

3200 MHZ RAM

RM650 PSU

256G SATA SSD

1TB NVM.E SSD

3TB 5400 WD HDD

most welcome 🙂 “is it plugged in” and “have you turned it off and on” is sort of my wheelhouse here.