Laptop frequently freezing and CPU capped at 100% after a reinstall of windows

TLDR; I just reset Windows 10 after a period of showing a black screen after startup due to a Gpu driver problem. But after the reinstall my laptop is constantly at 100% cpu usage but all of the processes at Task Manager reporting 0% usage, as well as constantly freezing a few mins after starting up.

I been using my Dell inspiron 7559 (i5 6300/Gtx 960/8gb) running windows 10 for a long time until earlier this week where I can't use my Gpu in applications (but it still appeared in device manager although with a yellow triangle mark) I reinstalled the Nvidia drivers, but stupidly left the Integrated graphics disabled within device manager when I restarted. Starting a cycle of turning it on, just getting a black screen with just a loading symbol in the mouse- turning it off, and repeat.

During the process of trying to fix it I've: Cleared the CMOS twice, Setting Bios to default settings, Rolling back windows updates in the windows recovery screen, Finally somehow gotten it to boot into safe mode- reinstated the integrated graphics, and finally fed up going with the nuclear option of resetting windows. With hard shutdowns after freezing/blackscreen throughout the process. (Tbh I think constantly turning it off was a bad idea, and caused further issues down the line)

I think the constantly freezing on startup started after either rolling back windows updates or after getting into safe mode. After booting to safe mode to enable the iGPU I was able to get further in the startup process getting into the account selection but I was left with a forever looping Welcome screen upon logging in. Sometime in this stage I was able to Ctrl+alt+del open task manager and get into my windows desktop but it freeze as soon as I tried to do anything or by just waiting for a couple of mins. 

Right now I'm trying to backup all my drawings/documents and other files worth saving, incase of a full reinstall of Windows or full reformat of my boot ssd. I'm really hoping for solution so that it won't have to come to that. I'll appreciate all the help I can get. Thank you for listening and I'm eagerly waiting for your suggestion to my situation. 

I think there is no way around saving your files and doing a clean install of Windows. My experience with resetting/reinstalling Windows 10 with saving files or other settings is a pain. I had my laptop get stuck in a bootloop once because of that.

As a system-integrator i can only suggest you to do a clean install, with cleaning your drive with diskpart during your Windows setup.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any unwanted data loss during the following process.

When you saved all your files, boot off a Windows 10 boot stick and when you are at the screen whre you have to pick the drive to install Windows on, press Shift+F10. This opens the command promt.

Type "diskpart" and hit enter.

Type "lis dis" to see all the drives that are currently in your PC.

You should be able to distinguish your laptop drive from the USB Stick by size.

Type "sel dis x" and put the disk number of the desired disk in, which you can see in the list from before.

You can list your disks again to make sure the right one is selected.

Type "clean" to wipe all data off the disk.

After it finished, you can close the command prompt and refresh your drives. Now you have a clean drive to install your windows on.

1 hour ago, thewill102 said:

I think there is no way around saving your files and doing a clean install of Windows. My experience with resetting/reinstalling Windows 10 with saving files or other settings is a pain. I had my laptop get stuck in a bootloop once because of that.

As a system-integrator i can only suggest you to do a clean install, with cleaning your drive with diskpart during your Windows setup.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any unwanted data loss during the following process.

When you saved all your files, boot off a Windows 10 boot stick and when you are at the screen whre you have to pick the drive to install Windows on, press Shift+F10. This opens the command promt.

Type "diskpart" and hit enter.

Type "lis dis" to see all the drives that are currently in your PC.

You should be able to distinguish your laptop drive from the USB Stick by size.

Type "sel dis x" and put the disk number of the desired disk in, which you can see in the list from before.

You can list your disks again to make sure the right one is selected.

Type "clean" to wipe all data off the disk.

After it finished, you can close the command prompt and refresh your drives. Now you have a clean drive to install your windows on.

I'll certainly have this in the back of my mind moving forward. I'll have to finish backing up everything relevant before choosing what to do. before then I'mma explore options to solve this cpu usage issue.