4 RAM won't fit, need advice

GrampaBob

Hi, could I get some advice as this is my first water cooled system that came as default with the pre-built computer I picked up.  I bought an extra set of ram for a 4x8 config but the issue is I can't fit the final stick into the left slot as the side tubes prevent it from being placed properly.  How can I fix this situation?  Can I orientate things to make room? Thnx.  I just noticed posting this picture the rear fan looks backwards from the cross ribs placement.......

563457737_tylerscase.png

yep just rotate the block so the come out from a different direction. you may need new thermal paste tho

16 hours ago, narrdarr said:

yep just rotate the block so the come out from a different direction. you may need new thermal paste tho

Thank you for the reply.  I will do that.  Do you have a suggestion about the rear fan orientation?  Is it facing the correct way for water cooled system?  The radiator is front mount with radiator closest to the outside of the case, then 2 fans on the inside.  These two fans are pushing case air thru the rad out the front mesh.  Ribs are against the rad.  This water cooled system is brand new to me (came with the build) but the fans are backwards IMO from a normal air system blowing in the front, out the back.

171891852_528031611706892_7794320639748524716_n.jpg

173353261_912547949312306_3490497431425022624_n.jpg

Seems your rear 120mm is intake? and your front 2x120mm radiator are exhaust?

That would give you a slight negative pressure setup if all sides were open. Generally your radiator being exhaust is better for the system and less good for the component being liquid cooled, and the opposite for the reverse.

Personally, I would not set this up this way. Your GPU won't be getting really any cool air blown over it, or any airflow at all. It might get some heat pulled out from the front fans as exhaust, but I don't think it would be that much. 

It doesn't look like your case has any vents on top, so you're limited to your airflow here. It also looks like your front has no vents either. 

Basically it seems like you have no airflow. Your best bet would be to make the front as intake to try to suck as much air out of any vents on the side as possible, and have the rear as exhaust to at least dump some of the heat in the case. The GPU won't be cooled with cool air, but it will get some airflow at least. 

If the front has no outlets, as it is, you are using hot GPU air to cool your radiator, with nowhere for the hot air to go. 

When very limited in airflow though, exhaust is usually better.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

29 minutes ago, GrampaBob said:

Thank you for the reply.  I will do that.  Do you have a suggestion about the rear fan orientation?  Is it facing the correct way for water cooled system?  The radiator is front mount with radiator closest to the outside of the case, then 2 fans on the inside.  These two fans are pushing case air thru the rad out the front mesh.  Ribs are against the rad.  This water cooled system is brand new to me (came with the build) but the fans are backwards IMO from a normal air system blowing in the front, out the back.

171891852_528031611706892_7794320639748524716_n.jpg

173353261_912547949312306_3490497431425022624_n.jpg

in short yea it backwards, but if temp are ok you dont have to change it. personally I would would flip both the aio fans and rear fans over. this would make the the aio fans a pull intake config and the rear fan a push exhaust.

14 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Seems your rear 120mm is intake? and your front 2x120mm radiator are exhaust?

That would give you a slight negative pressure setup if all sides were open. Generally your radiator being exhaust is better for the system and less good for the component being liquid cooled, and the opposite for the reverse.

Personally, I would not set this up this way. Your GPU won't be getting really any cool air blown over it, or any airflow at all. It might get some heat pulled out from the front fans as exhaust, but I don't think it would be that much. 

It doesn't look like your case has any vents on top, so you're limited to your airflow here. It also looks like your front has no vents either. 

Basically it seems like you have no airflow. Your best bet would be to make the front as intake to try to suck as much air out of any vents on the side as possible, and have the rear as exhaust to at least dump some of the heat in the case. The GPU won't be cooled with cool air, but it will get some airflow at least. 

If the front has no outlets, as it is, you are using hot GPU air to cool your radiator, with nowhere for the hot air to go. 

When very limited in airflow though, exhaust is usually better.

Yes rear is intake, fronts are exhaust across the rad.  This case is not that good but it is built with a sublayer shell around the whole thing (that you cant see from the pictures) that the air moves "freely".  I took a few case fans from the old PC and will be installing them on the top exhausting outwards.

6 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

in short yea it backwards, but if temp are ok you dont have to change it. personally I would would flip both the aio fans and rear fans over. this would make the the aio fans a pull intake config and the rear fan a push exhaust.

Yes I agree, go back to classic fan arrangement so the fans will pull across across the rad into the case (like a big air cooler CPU setup)  Thanks

17 minutes ago, GrampaBob said:

Yes rear is intake, fronts are exhaust across the rad.  This case is not that good but it is built with a sublayer shell around the whole thing (that you cant see from the pictures) that the air moves "freely".  I took a few case fans from the old PC and will be installing them on the top exhausting outwards.

I'd look at upgrading your case for your next upgrade.

They're pretty inexpensive and you will be very surprised how much of a difference it makes. More so than new fans or AIOs. Lots of new cases these days have adopted an airflow design with open cooling in mind.

Anything with a mesh front and top will give you a huge bump to airflow and cooling performance.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x