Geforce Experience is recording the wrong display?

Go to solution Solved by NicholasNicholasNicholas,
13 minutes ago, Elvis841 said:

Crazy thing about this is I just fixed this issue myself the other day.

I found my fix by going into the shadowplay overlay, stopping any recording or instant replays you are currently doing, and then going to the settings. Scroll all the way down and then click on "privacy". Turn off the only option there. It records your desktop and turning it off will allow shadowplay to record only your game.

Kind of a weird place to put that kind of thing but oh well

Hey, just in case you want to record your desktop, i spent some more time searching and found this. it fixed it for me and i can record my desktop.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GeForceExperience/comments/imes94/fix_recording_the_wrong_monitor_on_shadowplay/

I have tried reinstalling geforce experience. I have also made sure that the monitor that I want to be recorded is set as display 1 in both windows and in the nvidia control panel. 

All help is appreciated. I am pretty stuck.

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

<amd user

but in your case why not switch over to the windows built in Recording ? Press "win key + G" to open it

1 minute ago, Haraikomono said:

<amd user

but in your case why not switch over to the windows built in Recording ? Press "win key + G" to open it

windows overlay is buggy with many of the games that i play 

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

I found my fix by going into the shadowplay overlay, stopping any recording or instant replays you are currently doing, and then going to the settings. Scroll all the way down and then click on "privacy". Turn off the only option there. It records your desktop and turning it off will allow shadowplay to record only your game.

13 minutes ago, Elvis841 said:

Hey, just in case you want to record your desktop, i spent some more time searching and found this. it fixed it for me and i can record my desktop.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GeForceExperience/comments/imes94/fix_recording_the_wrong_monitor_on_shadowplay/

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200