AOC Agon AG322QCX monitor messed up display lines and flickering everywhere :(

ObsidianAura

Hi folks!

I think my monitor is dying. Randomly it goes like this (see attachement) and will sit like that for a while then be fine for another random amount of time. This happens with two different machines and using different ports hdmi or displayport and appears on the OSD menus while its happening. This makes me think it has to be a monitor fault. I bought this back in 2017 so its outside of the repair window with AOC.

I have found a replacement main board on eBay which I've ordered. I'm hoping that will fix the problem, provided I can figure out how to get the back off this monitor (does anyone know how to dismantle this model?). 

To people in the know, does this look like a problem a main board replacement will even fix?

Anyway hope you can help, thanks in advance.

63940575208__BA817DBC-CFCC-407B-9887-14F7364A8099.jpg

I'm an IT System Admin with 15+ years worth of XP, plus I've been tinkering computers since I was old enough to hold a screwdriver, so I usually know what I'm talking about.

14 minutes ago, ObsidianAura said:

Hi folks!

I think my monitor is dying. Randomly it goes like this (see attachement) and will sit like that for a while then be fine for another random amount of time. This happens with two different machines and using different ports hdmi or displayport and appears on the OSD menus while its happening. This makes me think it has to be a monitor fault. I bought this back in 2017 so its outside of the repair window with AOC.

I have found a replacement main board on eBay which I've ordered. I'm hoping that will fix the problem, provided I can figure out how to get the back off this monitor (does anyone know how to dismantle this model?). 

To people in the know, does this look like a problem a main board replacement will even fix?

Anyway hope you can help, thanks in advance.

63940575208__BA817DBC-CFCC-407B-9887-14F7364A8099.jpg

have you tried the PC on a different monitor/tv to see if it's the Card   

KanyeWestLover911
Reminder

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

I Use Arch BTW

my PCs 

these are my Pcs 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/mtj08/saved/

16 minutes ago, ObsidianAura said:

Hi folks!

Anyway hope you can help, thanks in advance.63940575208__BA817DBC-CFCC-407B-9887-14F7364A8099.jpg

and do you have any idea what monitor you are using 

KanyeWestLover911
Reminder

I Use Arch BTW

my PCs 

these are my Pcs 

3 minutes ago, POG Gamer said:

have you tried the PC on a different monitor/tv to see if it's the Card   

1 minute ago, POG Gamer said:

and do you have any idea what monitor you are using 

Hi yes, as I said, its an AOC Agon AG322QCX and I've tried two different machines on this and the problem exists on both.

I'm an IT System Admin with 15+ years worth of XP, plus I've been tinkering computers since I was old enough to hold a screwdriver, so I usually know what I'm talking about.

1 minute ago, ObsidianAura said:

Hi yes, as I said, its an AOC Agon AG322QCX and I've tried two different machines on this and the problem exists on both.

ok 

KanyeWestLover911
Reminder

I Use Arch BTW

my PCs 

these are my Pcs 

2 minutes ago, ObsidianAura said:

is it this?

https://www.amazon.com/AOC-AG322QCX-Frameless-2560x1440-DisplayPort/dp/B07DD2K9WQ

KanyeWestLover911
Reminder

I Use Arch BTW

my PCs 

these are my Pcs 

2 minutes ago, POG Gamer said:

the model number is AG322QCX

I know, that's what I said... :S 

Just bumping this as I could use some input about how to disassemble this monitor still. Anyone know if there's a guide on this monitor or similar?