ARGB Controller

Super User

I need some help with an ARGB controller for my TUF x570 board which has only 1 argb header. I need to install 7 argb fans (3 front preinstalled on the MB511 ARGB + 3 x 120mm on TOP and 1 x120mm Rear Fan)

Any help, thoughts and guidance is highly appreciated.

Thank you

I am building my own PC and what I believe I have learned so far is you can daisy chain the RGB cables from the fan so you can have them linked and then attached to the motherboards AURA_RGB headers. (edit, if I'm looking at the right mobo diagram you have two AURA_RGB headers #5. One top right and one bottom right).

There is an alternative to this, which is a dedicated RGB hub. My MSI case came with one so the rear fan and front light strip is managed by that. But it has 3 RGB slots I am not using.

Same with the fans power cables, daisy chain a few of them and then attach them to the connection called CHA-FAN. This way you get the mobo-bios to control speed based on temp, or daisy chain them with a splitter cable from Amazon and use the PSU to power at 100%

You'd need the motherboards layout in the manual to precisely locate the headers as I'm guessing each mobo is different. Or you could download a copy from the makers web site.

Thanks for the reply. Yes i have installed the fans (non rgb) exactly the way you mentioned. I was under the impression that the RGB headers on my mobo wont work and that i have to use the argb header. I was looking at the Cooler Master ARGB Controller to make things easy.

well I'm no expert on RGB, I'm just watching videos and reading forums. The daisy chaining was from a video on how to install the MSI corel cooler and it shows how the cooler fans were made to link 3 cables onto each other and then onto the mobo. On Amazon last night I saw a 12 into 1 or less cables. So there doesn't seem to be a electrical limit to how many you can attach.

But to be honest If I were managing as many cables as you I would go for a controller as it might be tidier and more professional.

My unanswered questions so far in my build is what software to run it all. If I have an ASUS board does it have to be ASUS software or open source. Or will any brand software work? With the MSI controller I know that part has to be its internal hardware as it isn't linked to the PC, but the AiO cooler is MSI and is linked to the ASUS board and so, what software?

The problem with RGB cables is if the pins are 3 or 4 as you can't fit a 3 pin female onto a 4 pin male as the 3 pin has a space blocker to prevent it. Perhaps this is what you have been told?

Now we need an RGB builder to confirm what I'm writing is correct or bonkers. Perhaps make a video for Dummies about it hint hint LTT.

Good luck with your build 🙂

what is the case and what are the fans? most times the ARGB header will work but its limited to 1 fan or RGB strip that you put on it without putting spliters on. for me i have the corsair obsidian 1000d case and 6 fans (cuirrently) inside of it. 4 QL 120mm and 2 QL 140mm all connected to the commander pro and the lighting node core. and then connected to a USB header on my motherboard. 

16 hours ago, tdkid said:

what is the case and what are the fans? most times the ARGB header will work but its limited to 1 fan or RGB strip that you put on it without putting spliters on. for me i have the corsair obsidian 1000d case and 6 fans (cuirrently) inside of it. 4 QL 120mm and 2 QL 140mm all connected to the commander pro and the lighting node core. and then connected to a USB header on my motherboard. 

its the Cooler Master MB511 ARGB... there is no Commander Pro with the case but i can buy a CM ARGB controller.

16 hours ago, rockyroller said:

well I'm no expert on RGB, I'm just watching videos and reading forums. The daisy chaining was from a video on how to install the MSI corel cooler and it shows how the cooler fans were made to link 3 cables onto each other and then onto the mobo. On Amazon last night I saw a 12 into 1 or less cables. So there doesn't seem to be a electrical limit to how many you can attach.

But to be honest If I were managing as many cables as you I would go for a controller as it might be tidier and more professional.

My unanswered questions so far in my build is what software to run it all. If I have an ASUS board does it have to be ASUS software or open source. Or will any brand software work? With the MSI controller I know that part has to be its internal hardware as it isn't linked to the PC, but the AiO cooler is MSI and is linked to the ASUS board and so, what software?

The problem with RGB cables is if the pins are 3 or 4 as you can't fit a 3 pin female onto a 4 pin male as the 3 pin has a space blocker to prevent it. Perhaps this is what you have been told?

Now we need an RGB builder to confirm what I'm writing is correct or bonkers. Perhaps make a video for Dummies about it hint hint LTT.

Good luck with your build 🙂

ya this sound like your bumping some ones thread

not all argb/rgb fans can be daisy chained. if an mb has rgb/argb headers then you use there software to control them.  i think asus and corsair have worked with each other so some asus stuff can work with corsair software but i dont no what.

you cant plug a 3pin in too a 4 pin. the 3pin is 5v argb and the 4pin 12vrgb. but corsair uses 4pin argb connectors for there argb stuff to make it even more complex.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

18 minutes ago, Super User said:

its the Cooler Master MB511 ARGB... there is no Commander Pro with the case but i can buy a CM ARGB controller.

you could buy the commander pro but you would need to buy corsair fans and other RGB products only then, as i dont think others will work but i am not 100% sure on this.

the best advice i can give you is to search around a little for the RGB fans and/or strips you like the most and see if that company sells RGB controllers too. most should but i would make sure as this will allow you to plug many into 1 header or internal USB and control them thru there.

On 4/13/2021 at 6:39 AM, Super User said:

I need some help with an ARGB controller for my TUF x570 board which has only 1 argb header. I need to install 7 argb fans (3 front preinstalled on the MB511 ARGB + 3 x 120mm on TOP and 1 x120mm Rear Fan)

Any help, thoughts and guidance is highly appreciated.

Thank you

do you have the fans if so link them, if you dont have em and  or are looking for a controller and 7 fans?

you can buy an powered argb hub to hook all the fans to the 1 mb header if thats what your asking.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

On 4/15/2021 at 3:16 AM, thrasher_565 said:

ya this sound like your bumping some ones thread

I don't know what you mean. Its not an months old question already answered by the OP and I'm just trying to help with what I'm learning as I too try to unravel the mystery of getting the RGB set on my own Frankenstein hybrid. I just added my own question regarding software I'm sure he might also come across as a potential issue too.

On 4/15/2021 at 3:16 AM, thrasher_565 said:

not all argb/rgb fans can be daisy chained

Like this answer which actually adds a questions like a simple why not, which comes down to the various pin type configurations and why they are that way? I happen to have found the full answer to this in this video just now, which could have been refined and part of Anthonys' recent video LTT RGB build? (yeah I did watch it last night, cheers)

7 hours ago, rockyroller said:

I don't know what you mean. Its not an months old question already answered by the OP and I'm just trying to help with what I'm learning as I too try to unravel the mystery of getting the RGB set on my own Frankenstein hybrid. I just added my own question regarding software I'm sure he might also come across as a potential issue too.

Like this answer which actually adds a questions like a simple why not, which comes down to the various pin type configurations and why they are that way? I happen to have found the full answer to this in this video just now, which could have been refined and part of Anthonys' recent video LTT RGB build? (yeah I did watch it last night, cheers)