Graphics Not Running But Integrated Is? Please Help!

Go to solution Solved by bellabichon,

Open the Nvidia Control Panel (should be an option when you right click anywhere on the desktop), go to Manage 3D Settings, and change your preferred graphics processor to "High-performance NVIDIA Processor". Alternatively, you could also select which GPU to use on a per-program basis (i.e. if you wanted Google Chrome to use the iGPU to save battery life). 

So in my laptop (Lenovo legion y520) I have and intel i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHZ, for integrated graphics I have intel(R) HD Graphics 630, For a GPU I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, the problem is when gaming if i pull up my task manager to check my performance I see that my integrated graphics are chugging along at around 60% but my actual GPU (the GTX 1050 Ti) is running at 0% usage. For some reason it seems that my graphics card which should be quite decent is not running at all. One of my friends said that it might be disabled in the BIOS but I don't want to mess something up. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this problem?

Attached is task manager when I am running a game. 

Capture.PNG

Open the Nvidia Control Panel (should be an option when you right click anywhere on the desktop), go to Manage 3D Settings, and change your preferred graphics processor to "High-performance NVIDIA Processor". Alternatively, you could also select which GPU to use on a per-program basis (i.e. if you wanted Google Chrome to use the iGPU to save battery life). 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

WOW THANKS MAN. ive had this problem for months and you fixed it in three minutes!!! oh my thank you so much!