Razer Kraken V2 7.1 "virtually" unplugs itself after a random amount of time, works perfectly after unplugged and replugged.

Dibbli

Hi all.

I literally created a LTT account just to make this post, as I genuinely can't find anything to fix this.

As the title says, the headphones just make the tiny pop as if it was unplugged, or just silently switches over to a different audio output while the current one (the kraken) vanishes from devices all together, but remains powered.

The one clue I have is that when it silent disconnects, windows gives an "unrecognized USB device" error.

I suspected the problem might be Synapse 2.0, as this is technically "legacy hardware" but even when I completely thanos snapped synapse off my entire system, %appdata% included, it just also disconnected after a while.

I've reinstalled razer in at least 8 ways, made a new razer account, updated realtek, updated BIOS, changed to a usb on the back of the mobo instead of front IO, and reinstalled all USB drivers. Can't test on another system, as I only have my PC and phone, and it's a USB powered headset.

Any ideas?

Edit: Replugging it only fixes it for a random amount of time between 20 seconds and 15 minutes.

4 minutes ago, PCTechBoi said:

Is it the wire? Or is it wireless?

Sorry, should have specified, USB 3.1 wired.

14 minutes ago, Dibbli said:

Sorry, should have specified, USB 3.1 wired.

Can you unplug the wire on both ends?

1 hour ago, PCTechBoi said:

Can you unplug the wire on both ends?

No, the other end is hard wired into the headset, but I can wiggle it however much I want and it doesn't disconnect.

Best part is, I had this issue once already a year ago, and forgot how I fixed it.