Mesh Router for High Coverage

Im Reverrb

Looking for a high coverage solution for wifi. Internet is mostly ok at 40 Mbps in a rural area. Need a mesh router to cover about 5-6000 sq ft. Nothing fancy needed, on account of the slow internet and the fact that it is for my not so tech savvy parents. Main concerns are reliability, ease of use, and coverage area. I have found the TP Link Deco M4 for $170 CAD. Does anyone have any experience with this or any other recommendations?

https://www.amazon.ca/TP-Link-Deco-Whole-Home-System/dp/B07NF6V8SC/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3X0GQXEOAIR0&dchild=1&keywords=tp+link+deco+m4&qid=1618077819&sprefix=tp+link+deco+m4%2Caps%2C168&sr=8-3

Thanks in advance.

is this for indoor or outdoor? because if you want that much range outdoors, there are routers that are designed for outdoor use and have much larger range. 

if you want reliability, get a enterprise router. they are more expensive but those are the ones that are good. 

if you want indoors, it might be better to get a switch and hardwire access points to that switch. since the access points are hardwired, they will have significant reliability and work very well. but this requires long cables 

6 minutes ago, Im Reverrb said:

Need a mesh router to cover about 5-6000 sq ft.

That’s a lot to cover, even with mesh. I assume this is a multi-level home. You’ll need quite a few satellite units. But you can add as you find deficits.

See here for ranked suggestions.

4 minutes ago, The_Vaccine said:

is this for indoor or outdoor? because if you want that much range outdoors, there are routers that are designed for outdoor use and have much larger range. 

if you want reliability, get a enterprise router. they are more expensive but those are the ones that are good. 

if you want indoors, it might be better to get a switch and hardwire access points to that switch. since the access points are hardwired, they will have significant reliability and work very well. but this requires long cables 

It's for a mixture i guess. They want the house and at least a portion of the front and backyard covered. It's only a main floor and basement. There's also an external garage that would be nice to have covered. So the footprint is single story. The garage can be separate, i thought I would put one of the devices out there and maybe just run an ethernet cable to it.

The reliability I maybe put too much emphasis on. My dad has been working form home lately for obvious reasons and hates it when he is in a meeting and drops. Generally they just want things to work the way they should.

I have pretty much no experience with networking, and I won't be living with them, so the switch with hardwire points seems too complicated.

Thanks for the advice, you've given me more to think about

13 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

That’s a lot to cover, even with mesh. I assume this is a multi-level home. You’ll need quite a few satellite units. But you can add as you find deficits.

See here for ranked suggestions.

Thanks, I'll check that stuff out