When I make facetime calls trough my home wifi, my internet connection stops working. How to fix it help please.

kaans42
Go to solution Solved by Falcon1986,
17 hours ago, kaans42 said:

i checked it and yes it has QoS on and my PC bridge is on high priority

Hopefully, you've set the download and upload parameters to suit your connection speed. Don't exceed your actual limits; doing so adds nothing and can even worsen your experience.

The following are some other things to try after using the Archer C6 emulator:

1. When you're using FT, is any other device using the network simultaneously? (e.g. Downloading files over P2P, carrying out online meetings, updating Windows, etc.) 8Mbps upload will get saturated quite easily and tank download speed for all network clients.
  2. If you don't require IPv6, disable it in the router under 'Advanced' > 'IPv6'.
  3. Under 'Advanced' > 'System Tools', is "NAT Boost" enabled? If it is, try disabling it and restarting the router. NAT acceleration is more beneficial at higher speeds than what you have and can cause issues on slower connections.
  4. If uPnP isn't enabled under 'Advanced' > 'NAT Forwarding', you might need to open ports for FT to work properly. Personally, I've never had to do this, but you can try it if all else fails to help.
  5. If you're using WiFi, enable MU-MIMO under 'Advanced' > 'Wireless' > 'MU-MIMO'. Also, ensure you're using WPA2-PSK security and AES encryption. WiFi optimization after doing a wireless survey can be done at another time if your current issues are affecting wired clients.

As in the title when i start a facetime call after 2 second my whole internet stops, as soon as i stop the face time call my connection is back up.

When you say your whole internet stops, does the Facetime call carry on working or not?

If it doesn't carry on working I'm not sure. If the Facetime call does carry on working the explanation is simply that Facetime is using up too much of your network bandwidth for other devices to use it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

10 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

When you say your whole internet stops, does the Facetime call carry on working or not?

If it doesn't carry on working I'm not sure. If the Facetime call does carry on working the explanation is simply that Facetime is using up too much of your network bandwidth for other devices to use it.

nope face time only works for 2 seconds then the whole internet freezes, my pc , phone facetime everything

4 hours ago, kaans42 said:

nope face time only works for 2 seconds then the whole internet freezes, my pc , phone facetime everything

1. What kind of internet connection do you have?
  2. What download and upload speeds are you paying for from your ISP?
  3. What is the make/model of your wireless router and any other network equipment directly attached to it?
  4. Does QoS or anything similar exist on your router?

On 4/10/2021 at 9:17 PM, Falcon1986 said:
  1. What kind of internet connection do you have?
  2. What download and upload speeds are you paying for from your ISP?
  3. What is the make/model of your wireless router and any other network equipment directly attached to it?
  4. Does QoS or anything similar exist on your router?

Im very late but hope you see this,

i pay for a 100mb down and 8mb up internet connection. ( yea in turkey ISPs is really greedy and never really give you any upload speed)

i recently bought a router for my modem and it is tp link archer c-6, i disabled my modems wifi and started using only the router, the router is really great for me it solved my speed issues instantly but the face time issue wasnt there before that.

I dont know if i have QoS, if i do should i disable it?*

Edit*: i checked it and yes it has QoS on and my PC bridge is on high priority

Edited by kaans42

17 hours ago, kaans42 said:

i checked it and yes it has QoS on and my PC bridge is on high priority

Hopefully, you've set the download and upload parameters to suit your connection speed. Don't exceed your actual limits; doing so adds nothing and can even worsen your experience.

1. When you're using FT, is any other device using the network simultaneously? (e.g. Downloading files over P2P, carrying out online meetings, updating Windows, etc.) 8Mbps upload will get saturated quite easily and tank download speed for all network clients.
  2. If you don't require IPv6, disable it in the router under 'Advanced' > 'IPv6'.
  3. Under 'Advanced' > 'System Tools', is "NAT Boost" enabled? If it is, try disabling it and restarting the router. NAT acceleration is more beneficial at higher speeds than what you have and can cause issues on slower connections.
  4. If uPnP isn't enabled under 'Advanced' > 'NAT Forwarding', you might need to open ports for FT to work properly. Personally, I've never had to do this, but you can try it if all else fails to help.
  5. If you're using WiFi, enable MU-MIMO under 'Advanced' > 'Wireless' > 'MU-MIMO'. Also, ensure you're using WPA2-PSK security and AES encryption. WiFi optimization after doing a wireless survey can be done at another time if your current issues are affecting wired clients.

On 4/14/2021 at 5:11 PM, Falcon1986 said:

The QoS was automatically set to 1000mbps up and down i fixed them to closer to my actual speed and enabled MU-MIMO. These steps fixed the issue for me thanks.