PC won't boot, lights and fans flicker for a second then turn off, although RAM RGB stays on.

PearAss
Go to solution Solved by PearAss,
22 minutes ago, Seraphiel said:

have you tried to replace your cmos battery?

Yes I have; in the end, all I had to do was replace a faulty sata power cable and the system works fine now.

I built this pc 4 years ago and have been slowly upgrading it. I recently bought a new case but after transferring all of my old parts into the new case I found that the system wouldn’t boot. When I press the power button, everything flashes and the fans turn slightly but then it all turns off and the only thing remaining on is the rgb on my ram. I’ve checked all connections, re seated my memory and gpu and tried jumpstarting the system but nothing seems to work, if anyone is able to help out it would be greatly appreciated, Thankyou.

I would also like to note that the rgb on the ram is on regardless of whether I press the power button or not (only if the psu is on)

The pc specs are as follows:

Ryzen 5 2600

Aorus b450 Elite

Geforce gtx 1050ti

Silverstone ET750-HG

16GB 3200 Trident Z rgb (2x8GB)

Samsung 970evo

1 hour ago, PearAss said:

I built this pc 4 years ago and have been slowly upgrading it. I recently bought a new case but after transferring all of my old parts into the new case I found that the system wouldn’t boot. When I press the power button, everything flashes and the fans turn slightly but then it all turns off and the only thing remaining on is the rgb on my ram. I’ve checked all connections, re seated my memory and gpu and tried jumpstarting the system but nothing seems to work, if anyone is able to help out it would be greatly appreciated, Thankyou.

I would also like to note that the rgb on the ram is on regardless of whether I press the power button or not (only if the psu is on)

The pc specs are as follows:

Ryzen 5 2600

Aorus b450 Elite

Geforce gtx 1050ti

Silverstone ET750-HG

16GB 3200 Trident Z rgb (2x8GB)

Samsung 970evo

IMG_4078.MOV 16.05 MB · 1 download

22 minutes ago, Seraphiel said:

Yes I have; in the end, all I had to do was replace a faulty sata power cable and the system works fine now.