High idle temp, decent temperature under load?

Nillelack

Hi all, yesterday i finally put together my PC. And everything is running smooth. Except one thing.

My CPU temperature is way too high, it swings between 45 and 55 while doing nothing significant. Yet under load it stays mostly stays below 70, although i can swing to 75 for a short period in RDR2 with basically all settings turned to max, and playing for 5 hours.

I've tried adjusting my fan speed, i've tried re-applying thermal paste three times. I've tried tightning the waterblock, i've tried messing with settings in ICUE. Nothing seems to get my idle temp down.

Nothing is Overclocked except for Auto OC through Ryzen Master.

I'm also rather confused as my MB sensor reports the CPU at around 28-35 idle. According to HWInfo, yet my CCD1 Value swings around those 50-55 degrees, i assume it's the later that is the most correct, since Ryzen Master also reports the same as the CCD1 Value.

My config is:

Ryzen 7 5800x

H150i PRO XT

Case is Lian Li O11 Dynamic with 9 fans in total 3 bottom Intake, 3 Side intake, AIO as exhaust.

I know that setup most likely affects temperature, since the GPU's hot air and the rest of the components heat go through the radiator, so a bit higher CPU temp i expect. Yet the water stays around 27-31 degrees though.

ATM i'm at a loss what i can do next, except reposition my fans. I hope any have a solution, or dealt with a similar problem.

Thanks all in advance!

You have a known hot chip. It's not unusual for it to hit 90c while under load. That's considered normal. Also your idle temps are like my 3700x temps. Mine jumps up to the 40s/50s while idle. As long as it doesnt hit 90c then you should be fine.

4 minutes ago, Digideath said:

You have a known hot chip. It's not unusual for it to hit 90c while under load. That's considered normal. Also your idle temps are like my 3700x temps. Mine jumps up to the 40s/50s while idle. As long as it doesnt hit 90c then you should be fine.

That's a bit of a relief to hear, my old build was an intel build with an I7-6600k, it usually idled around 40 degrees. So seeing high temps like that had me scared.

I guess going AMD is still a bit like the FX days then, i could heat up my room with my FX 8530.

Thanks for the quick reply. Can sleep a bit easier tonight!