CM H500M Case makes... creaking sounds.

Celestron

This is an odd one. Ive a new Cooler Master H500M case and it seemingly creaks like an old house. Lots of undesirable plastic. When I just touch the case it slightly it creaks. Im hoping this is the problem. I hope it is the case. When the GPU/CPU ramp up it'll make the noise. Just a little crack it sounds like. The same noise the case makes when i touch it.

I would more closely identify the source however it disappears. The creaks on GPU/CPU fan ramp up eventually stop. Again hoping its the creaky case from the torque of the fans. However if its the sound of electric arching in the PSU? Ill have to wait on cooldown to hopefully more closely identify it. Any ideas?

System is a TUF 3090 and a 5950x on a Ryujin360 AIO ( top mount ) powered by RM850x .

24 minutes ago, Celestron said:

When the GPU/CPU ramp up it'll make the noise.

It's likely to be a fan that has gone bad.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

• 7 months later...

Hey, so doing some Google I have found you are the only person who talks about this problem!

I have this problem too and my pc is less than a month. Usually on full load I hear it 

Have you checked if it’s the case at all or anything? Anything you can share for someone on the same boat as you?

Thanks bro..