Can GPU Handle being under full load 24/7/365 (Intense OC 5700XT)

jakeslayer9091

Hello, I was wondering if I can safely keep my PC on for months under full load. What are the risks? I've run it under full load for the past 48 hours to gather temperature information and my 5700XT would hover around 65C constantly with the fans at about 73%, if I would limit the max fan speed to 50%, it will spike up to 75 C. Is it fine if the fan stays at around 75% 24/7 and what are the chances of it failing? How many years will the GPU most likely last? Also, other components were rather cool, my CPU will not be used so that's not issue, Check below for my overclocking settings

NOTE: I know that it will be more power consuming, but fortunately I don't pay for electricity so shouldn't be issue

Also If you'd like to know, I'm running a TX650W at 220v

Last question, Is there any software that detects if a fan failed or goes to 0 RPM and automatically shutdowns the PC even if the temps are fine, just incase I leave the PC unattended 

download (1).png

My custom loop 5000$ PC:

CPU: Intel i7 9900k Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A RAM: 32GB (x4 8GB Modules) Corsair Dominator VideoCard: Asus Nvidia 2080ti HDD/SSD: 1TB M2 Samsung EVO 970 Case: LianLi O11 Dynamic (White) Radiator: x1 Corsair Hydro X Series XR5 360 Fans: x6 Corsair LL120 RGB Tubing: Thermaltake PETG ID: 13mm OD: 16mm Fittings: Bitspower Throughout Waterblocks: CPU: EK-Velocity RGB (Nickel+Plexi) VideoCard: EK-Vector RTX 2080ti w/ Nickel Backplate (Nickel+Plexi) Reservoir: Bitspower Touchaqua Sedna Front Plate Options: Corsair Commander Pro, Corsair RGB Controller, Custom Sleeved Cables for CPU, ATX and PCI-E

Sure can, up until it doesn't. Could be 2 weeks, could be 2 years.

Funny, as a landlord, including utilities can make it easier on tenants and is preferred by some.  However, I will be discontinuing the practice entirely since my units are metered seperately and it would seem that people just can't help themselves from taking advantage.  

Whomever is paying your hydro is going to notice. 

11 minutes ago, Heliian said:

Sure can, up until it doesn't. Could be 2 weeks, could be 2 years.

Funny, as a landlord, including utilities can make it easier on tenants and is preferred by some.  However, I will be discontinuing the practice entirely since my units are metered seperately and it would seem that people just can't help themselves from taking advantage.  

Whomever is paying your hydro is going to notice. 

Well, I did sign a contract and they never said there is a limit to power usage so I'm not too worried even if they noticed, and they most likely wouldn't say anything considering its managed by a big company not just a landlord.

My custom loop 5000$ PC:

CPU: Intel i7 9900k Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A RAM: 32GB (x4 8GB Modules) Corsair Dominator VideoCard: Asus Nvidia 2080ti HDD/SSD: 1TB M2 Samsung EVO 970 Case: LianLi O11 Dynamic (White) Radiator: x1 Corsair Hydro X Series XR5 360 Fans: x6 Corsair LL120 RGB Tubing: Thermaltake PETG ID: 13mm OD: 16mm Fittings: Bitspower Throughout Waterblocks: CPU: EK-Velocity RGB (Nickel+Plexi) VideoCard: EK-Vector RTX 2080ti w/ Nickel Backplate (Nickel+Plexi) Reservoir: Bitspower Touchaqua Sedna Front Plate Options: Corsair Commander Pro, Corsair RGB Controller, Custom Sleeved Cables for CPU, ATX and PCI-E

3 minutes ago, jakeslayer9091 said:

Well, I did sign a contract and they never said there is a limit to power usage so I'm not too worried even if they noticed, and they most likely wouldn't say anything considering its managed by a big company not just a landlord.

Probably not metered if it's a big building.  However, a big company is just as likely, if not more likely to notice an increase.  Especially if they have problems with indoor grows or other power thefts.  Unlikely they'd notice one card.  There are still people that waste more power without a computer.  If you had 6 cards going 247 thats a different story.  Probably get noise complaints. 

I would try and run it for a week. Check temperatures and alike.

If it's all under control, you could probably keep it under load.

Check the PC atleast 2 times a week to prevent failures and such.

2 hours ago, DudeWhatTheN said:

I would try and run it for a week. Check temperatures and alike.

If it's all under control, you could probably keep it under load.

Check the PC atleast 2 times a week to prevent failures and such.

Alright, Thanks

My custom loop 5000$ PC: