Rocksteady Reveals New Batman: Arkham Knight Original Character

A couple new images of the game, including what could be the main antagonist to Batman in what's expect to be the last game in the Arkham series.

source: http://www.nerdist.com/2014/03/rocksteady-reveals-new-original-character-and-more-details-from-batman-arkham-knight/

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I hope this game is actually an improvement worth $60. Arkham City hardly did anything different enough for me to warrant paying full price.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

I hope this game is actually an improvement worth $60. Arkham City hardly did anything different enough for me to warrant paying full price.

City was still good but origins was really bad.there were so many glitches

Can't wait to get this game

I wouldn't get my hopes up for a Company that rather sell DLC than fix bugs:

The team is currently working hard on the upcoming story DLC and there currently are no plans for releasing another patch to address the issues that have been reported on the forums.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/02/10/warner-prioritizing-dlc-over-fixing-arkham-origins-bugs/

-------

Current Rig

-------

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/02/10/warner-prioritizing-dlc-over-fixing-arkham-origins-bugs/

So glad I didn't buy Arkham Origins. Just a POS stop-gag filler for a company desperately milking the goodwill a genuinely talented developer earned. Appalling.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Yeah, I rather not. You know what they say, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice....

Can't help Iam too excited.

I'm still bitter at WB for what they did to MERP so I won't be buying any game that gets developed or published by them, no matter how good it is said to be...

Although there is still some hope for a lotr project with There and Back Again the project will take a life time with only one person working on it. So if you have skill maybe consider helping http://www.moddb.com/mods/there-and-back-again out ;)

I believe that's two different developers? It was WB Montreal with Arkham Origins and the refusal to fix the bugs. Rocksteady are the guys who made Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.

Possibly but irrelevant: That kind of shit is decided on the Publisher level.

Not always true. It depends on how much leeway the developer has, ultimately either or both of them can be responsible for making the decision. Publishers may get a a lot of the hate (and a lot of the time it may be justified), but particular developers can be just as bad if not worse.

If it turns out to be a good game, I'll definitely be getting it. I've only recently gotten around to playing the original Arkham Asylum and was totally enthralled with it, so would be glad to have more to play. Origins may have been awful but that won't prevent me from getting this if it's good.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Not always true. It depends on how much leeway the developer has, ultimately either or both of them can be responsible for making the decision. Publishers may get a a lot of the hate (and a lot of the time it may be justified), but particular developers can be just as bad if not worse.

Perhaps, I'd say that's only partially true some developers basically have publisher-like leadership or one that is closely tied to a particular publisher but you're right is not always a black and white thing there's lots of grey. But somehow I don't think I'll make a distinction and would just recommend to wait a few months after it's released to err on the side of caution.

-------

Current Rig

-------

You know the Arkham knight reminds me of Jason Todd or red hood when he tried becoming  the batman especially the pic where he is holding the weapon towards batman.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

The Arkham Knight loos interesting. I just hope it IS actually a new character in the DC universe as they say and not a new personality for an older character. Only time will see.

Also am I the only one who really appreciated Arkham Origins (outside of the bugs)?

NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal | Asus Z87-A (don't ask why I have a Z mobo with a non k cpu, have my reasons)| Intel Core i7 4770 | XGIMATEK Dark Knight II| 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 120GB SKHynix | 2tb WD Green | Gigabyte GTX 770 OC | OCZ 750W ZT | Logitech DiNovo Edge | Logitech G602