Some kind of case side screen blocking gpu port, please help

Kenonline12

First time building a pc, theres a screen on the right of the case after I removed the side panel which made installing the gpu very difficult (I managed to force it in by force somehow) however only after I put in the gpu did I realize that the screen is yet again blocking me from plugging in the 8 pin external power into my GTX 1060 and I have no choice but to remove it somehow.

Please help, and whatever is this? 

Its seemingly unremovable and appears to be riveted in in multiple spot

Thanks to it I also may have scratched my motherboard,gpu while installing the gpu because it blocked so much space I barely had any room for hand movement and collided the gpu against the motherboard heatsink many times

sketch-1617557469777~2.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-05-00-09-45-609_com.lazada.android~2.jpg

Yeah it looks like its not meant to be removed and its riveted in place. Longer GPUs won't fit in that thing unfortunately. Next time when choosing a case make sure theres enough space for certain components. If you don't want to get a new case and use this one well... hope you have an anglegrinder.

got a Dremel?

your best bet is to take a pencil, and mark what's blocking your GPU, and then cut that section out (After you completely empty the case!  Don't want metal filings in it.)

This is old style cheapo case, and the mesh you are talking about looks like a old HDD storage place. So like pointed above from other people, if you MUST use this case angle grinder is your option.

You should consider in purchasing a new case if you are not old enough to use such dangerous machine.

Also for your next time you are building a PC, if you have to force it or if you are scratching components you are either doing it wrong, or you have not suitable parts.

On 4/5/2021 at 1:19 AM, tkitch said:

got a Dremel?

your best bet is to take a pencil, and mark what's blocking your GPU, and then cut that section out (After you completely empty the case!  Don't want metal filings in it.)

Ended up doing exactly this, marked the area with a marker and sawed it off

andd that was it.