XPS 13 9310 Bluetooth 'lag' issue.

hyperflux

Has anyone had any joy fixing Bluetooth mouse lag/sleep issues in Windows 10, specifically on the Dell XPS 13 9310?

I bought the laptop last week and it's a great device so far... apart from one persistent and irritating issue. When using a Bluetooth mouse (Logitech MX Anywhere 2) the pointer 'sticks' and lags for a noticeable amount of time almost every time the mouse is left idle for more than a couple of seconds then moved again.

I've seen various suggestions that this could be WiFi & Bluetooth conflicting, or disallowing the system to let the mouse connection sleep (Although Dell seem to have helpfully removed the Power Management tab from the mouse device manager window. )

It's still 'usable' as it is but it just doesn't feel premium and makes it so I have to use the Logitech wireless dongle thing to get accurate performance for things like high speed chess games (the main use-case I have that demands zero lag pointer).

EDIT: Should have said... from Googling, this seems like a fairly common issue on low power devices like laptops and tablets that are trying to be too clever for their own good with energy saving tricks.

• 8 months later...

I can only confirm I am also having all kinds of low level issues with my XPS 9310 2-in-1.

1. Mouse lag with Logitech MX Anywhese 2S. There is a 1 second delay after each action (move, scroll), when it's done after a couple of seconds sitting still.

2. Screen brightness is fluctuating slowly, as if lighting conditions are changing, but they are not.

3. There were several instances of digital junk being displayed on the screen, as if video memory got corrupter for a second or so.

4. Also not a fan of maglev keyboard. Still get a lot of mistypes 6 months after I got this.

Please note that there are some suggestions out there to disable pawer management, which I found to cause a total crash when laptop goes to sleep. Nothing in event log, only a note that power loss was unexpected.

I am running latest software/drivers/firmware/BIOS. I am battling this for over 6 months now.

It's a nice convertible with 32gigs of ram, but these things are just too much. What a shame.

EDIT: Just found out now that there is a new BIOS release v2.6.0 and the notes include:

- Improved the Bluetooth mouse response time after resuming from idle state.
I hope this is it.