Is it safe to plug 2 0.75A fans with single 4 pin header

azp3d
Go to solution Solved by mariushm,

It would probably be safe, but i'd still use 2 headers just to be safer.

Hi i am building my first custom pc guys and i have Q Is it safe to plug 2 0.75A fans with single 4 pin header i have a motherboard (Gigabyte b550 gaming X V2 ) https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-Gaming-X-V2-rev-1x#kf

i read my manual and they said All fan headers capability of delivering up to 2A/12V @ 24W.

Screenshot 2021-04-01 124830.png

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-01 at 12.53.23 PM.jpeg

No, not really. Each fan header is rated at 1amp so it may not blow right away, but it will. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

also have another Question is it good to use 1000rpm exhaust fans and 1500rpm intake fans

4 minutes ago, mariushm said:

It would probably be safe, but i'd still use 2 headers just to be safer.

Thanks mariushm and i have another Question is it good to use 1000rpm exhaust fans and 1500rpm intake fans

It doesn't matter what rpm the fans have. 

One fan pulls air out, another pushes air in ... but air doesn't come and go just through the fans, there's lots of holes and ventilation spaces besides the fans. The fans just improve (increase or speed up  or accelerate) the movement of air through the case, helping warm air get out from the case faster.

Also, how much air goes in and comes out  is not proportional to just the rpm value ... rpm is a factor, but it' matters also the size of the fan (80mm vs 92mm vs 120 mm vs 140 mm vs others) and especially the shape of the blades which optimize the fan for static pressure (to push air through radiator fins, cooler fins, lots of small holes or fins behaving like restrictions in front of the blades)  or for airflow (case fans, which should only have a light grill so fingers or cables or things don't enter the blades to break them)

all fans are 120 mm but i can use 140 mm fan on the top of my case case name is thermaltake level 20 mt argb

5 minutes ago, mariushm said:

It doesn't matter what rpm the fans have. 

One fan pulls air out, another pushes air in ... but air doesn't come and go just through the fans, there's lots of holes and ventilation spaces besides the fans. The fans just improve (increase or speed up  or accelerate) the movement of air through the case, helping warm air get out from the case faster.

Also, how much air goes in and comes out  is not proportional to just the rpm value ... rpm is a factor, but it' matters also the size of the fan (80mm vs 92mm vs 120 mm vs 140 mm vs others) and especially the shape of the blades which optimize the fan for static pressure (to push air through radiator fins, cooler fins, lots of small holes or fins behaving like restrictions in front of the blades)  or for airflow (case fans, which should only have a light grill so fingers or cables or things don't enter the blades to break them)

all fans are 120 mm but i can use 140 mm fan on the top of my case case name is thermaltake level 20 mt argb tell me should i buy 1 140 mm fan

It's up to you.  Use your brains. Is your computer getting too hot, or you're just filling all the fan locations because someone told you or because you think you must have lots of fans in a computer?

The benefits of 140 mm fans over 120 mm fans is that they move the same amount of air at lower rpm speeds ... so if the amount of air pushed is the same, 140mm fans can be more silent. otherwise, you can buy 120mm fans that are more powerful than 140mm fans, pushing more air, or having better specifications. 

7 minutes ago, mariushm said:

It's up to you.  Use your brains. Is your computer getting too hot, or you're just filling all the fan locations because someone told you or because you think you must have lots of fans in a computer?

The benefits of 140 mm fans over 120 mm fans is that they move the same amount of air at lower rpm speeds ... so if the amount of air pushed is the same, 140mm fans can be more silent. otherwise, you can buy 120mm fans that are more powerful than 140mm fans, pushing more air, or having better specifications. 

thanks for clearing that out