Recommendations for folding knife

Jason 57

First off, I appreciate everyone's input on this. 

Somehow, somewhere (I really wish I knew where) I lost my every day carry knife. It was just a Coast folding knife with seat belt cutter and window breaker that I think I bought at Home Depot here in the US.

I have been looking for a replacement, on and off for a couple of weeks now. 

I didn't want to go crazy, just something that I would be hopefully under $50USD, Folding blade, part of it serrated. 

I found a Milwaukee one that came with a wire stripping pliers for about $50. (I already have a wire stripper that is about 20 years old.)

I thank you for taking your time to read this and provide feedback. I apologize up front if it takes me a bit to respond, the Internet connection in my area has been lagging quite a bit, both at home and especially at my work. 

My 2020 Upgrade: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600; MB: MSI X570 Tomohawk WiFi; Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600 MHz; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance; PSU: Corsair RM550X 80+ Gold; Storage: WD Blue 500GB SSD; Seagate 4TB Compute HDD; Monitor: GIGABYTE G34WQC 34" 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, 3440 x 1440 VA 1500R Display

Previous Components Still Using: GPU: MSI GTX 1070 (bought Used); Storage: WD 3TB Green HDD,WD 1TB Black HDD, SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB

Previous Monitor I want to VESA mount: LG 29UB55-B 29" Ultrawide 1080p 60Hz IPS

I daily drive a Benchmade Griptilian. Best knife I have or likely will ever own, but almost 150$. If you can, I would strongly recommend going this kind of route. They have options for serrated or non serrated edges, too.

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

I am "daily driving" (technically correct if I'm considered the transportation) a Iain sinclair "cardsharp". Picked it up for 5 bucks at my local skate shop. Because it was so cheap, I don't mind using it (I have a BM42, a coldsteel "spike", a leathermann wave+ and various foldable knives and daggers but I am afraid of loosing/damaging them), and because it's so thin and light, I can seamlessly carry it every day. Also it's fairly worn out given how much I used it, so I'm pretty sure I would be fine even if I was arrested with it in my pocket. Just don't forget to remove it before you go on a plane (not that it's currently a big risk, but still).

https://www.iainsinclair.com/en/knives.html

Isn't windows three-sixty-five just a more recent version of windows three-eleven?

12 hours ago, EjectedCasings said:

I daily drive a Benchmade Griptilian. Best knife I have or likely will ever own, but almost 150$. If you can, I would strongly recommend going this kind of route. They have options for serrated or non serrated edges, too.

Do you know which model you have? I found about 3 of them, varying in price from $120 to $300.

19 hours ago, SGT-AMD said:

Have you tried Ocean State Job Lots? Big Lots? True Value Hardware?

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/SOG-Folding-Knife-Pocket-Partially/dp/B0073H2P2O

Sadly we don't have True Value Hardware where I live in VA anymore. I normally don't go to Big Lots. But I will have to make a trip.

@7heo Thank you for the information. That is really cool and small. My Travaxx wallet has some stuff, but not a blade like that. Cool. 

I sometimes get stopped at X-ray points when it gets scanned because it has a hook for bottle opening/bag carrying. 

My 2020 Upgrade: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600; MB: MSI X570 Tomohawk WiFi; Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600 MHz; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance; PSU: Corsair RM550X 80+ Gold; Storage: WD Blue 500GB SSD; Seagate 4TB Compute HDD; Monitor: GIGABYTE G34WQC 34" 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, 3440 x 1440 VA 1500R Display

Previous Components Still Using: GPU: MSI GTX 1070 (bought Used); Storage: WD 3TB Green HDD,WD 1TB Black HDD, SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB

Previous Monitor I want to VESA mount: LG 29UB55-B 29" Ultrawide 1080p 60Hz IPS

8 hours ago, Jason 57 said:

Do you know which model you have? I found about 3 of them, varying in price from $120 to $300.

-snip-

IMG_20210401_132428.thumb.jpg.12e08201da25bb8509c41420d890ea4a.jpg

AFAIK the only differences are the steels you can get, whether you want serration or not, and the colors. I probably would have gone for the black and olive colored one, but it was a gift from my dad, so I ain't complaining : )

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang