UK kid gets chance to make PC thanks to Make-a-Wish

Real_Smoky

Zane Smith, now 12, suffers from a horrible condition, but he is a fighter and has gone through a difficult operation a couple years ago.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2263237/Zane-Smith-needs-treatment-Chicago-rare-CCM3-brain-disorder.html

Now, he has the chance to make his dream come true and build a great gaming PC, thanks to Make-a-Wish.

I learned about this on a FB group. If any UK based people have tips for them or can help them make a great PC, maybe they would appreciate it.

I am in no way related to the family and just sharing the news because it is wholesome. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pcbuilderscommunitygroup/permalink/2890710381185187

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2642610569328504/user/539127111/

Makea.jpg

Makeaw.jpg

Well damn...

Glad the kid got the Make-A-Wish but damn if this isn't the worst possible moment to try to build a gaming PC.

That being said... maybe this could be an LTT video idea? Build this poor kid a kickass, RBG-out-the-wazoo PC and ship it to the UK? It would also be some pretty positive PR, 2 birds with a stone?

There's big tech-tuber based in UK, TinyTomLogan from OC3D. Maybe you should tweet this at him.

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, Rauten said:

Well damn...

Glad the kid got the Make-A-Wish but damn if this isn't the worst possible moment to try to build a gaming PC.

That being said... maybe this could be an LTT video idea? Build this poor kid a kickass, RBG-out-the-wazoo PC and ship it to the UK? It would also be some pretty positive PR, 2 birds with a stone?

Cool idea but not realistic, shipping alone would be well over a hundred bucks and would be an absolute pain to pack that thing and have it arrive in one piece.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

5 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Cool idea but not realistic, shipping alone would be well over a hundred bucks and would be an absolute pain to pack that thing and have it arrive in one piece.

Haven't they done it before, though? I think they had some international winners in some past ROG Reboot?
And if we're talking just the packing and shipping (leaving aside legal & customs concerns), it can't possibly be that much harder than shipping it to someone on the US East Coast.

But yeah, they'd probably have better luck contacting someone in the UK (did not know any names), like @LogicalDrm said.

2 hours ago, Rauten said:

Well damn...

Yeah, I wrote to LTT about that, hopefully they can arrange something or at least find a UK based techie, they got the connections. 

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

There's big tech-tuber based in UK, TinyTomLogan from OC3D. Maybe you should tweet this at him.

Hey, I don't have Twitter sadly, if you do, it would probably be good to send a Tweet. I do have an Instagram account, tho, so I'll send something there, hopefully he'll see it. Good idea anyhow! 

7 minutes ago, Real_Smoky said:

Yeah, I wrote to LTT about that, hopefully they can arrange something or at least find a UK based techie, they got the connections. 

Hey, I don't have Twitter sadly, if you do, it would probably be good to send a Tweet. I do have an Instagram account, tho, so I'll send something there, hopefully he'll see it. Good idea anyhow! 

I don't have Twitter. But there are other ways. https://overclock3d.net/

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC_SN80_V2GymyCWM2oTYTeg

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv