Active GPU scam

I've discovered a site "kwest" from a first result Google search on "rtx 3090". There is some controversy on Reddit of him making promises over and over but "delays" keep happening. He recently shared a picture of TWO gpu boxes that were supposedly bring shipped out.

Here's his reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/user/parkyyyyyyy

User comment on his post about the lies:

For anywone thats interested in an update. I said previously that i purchased a 2070S. Asked about tracking when i ordered. Said they couldnt give out the ship information (unlike how the CEO said to contact about tracking) Stated " We're expecting to begin shipping on 4/28-5/2 at the latest. Just to provide some additional information: The allocation is currently in transit scheduled to arrive at the port in Houston TX on April 14, at the latest, confirmed through BoL. Once it arrives and goes through customs we're estimating that it's going to take about a week for the GPUs to arrive at our office in Dallas and once they arrive we'll begin shipping. I hope this information helps you have a better understanding as to why those dates are chosen. " But yet i just recieved an email days later with the tracking for the boat. that isnt going to be there until arpil 7th? Also the CEO stated they ordered more cards from europe but these cards are coming from the United Arab emirates... Lots of lying going on all the way around. Its not that hard to just say they havent left port. or just admit to whats going on. NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT THE CARDs PICTURED ARE FOR HIS PERSONAL USE NOT FOR SELLING... wack shit....

Is this supposed to spur some kind of discussion? cuz I see nothing to that extent, just a complaint about another person's behavior on the internet.

😶

-= Moved to Off-Topic =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

There is a ton of discussion on reddit about this what do you mean? The site is #1 on Google's ads when you search for an RTX 3090. Some discussion points could be: "oh he's not scamming because x y z".

1 hour ago, SansVarnic said:

Is this supposed to spur some kind of discussion? cuz I see nothing to that extent, just a complaint about another person's behavior on the internet.

😶

-= Moved to Off-Topic =-

1 hour ago, SansVarnic said:

😶

-= Moved to Off-Topic =-

Off topic:

Discussion - Non-tech related content only please! New members can say Hi here.

This is tech related though... a company selling technology may be scamming people? What if it was newegg would that be off topic?

Edited by SansVarnic
Merged Comments

7 minutes ago, 12355616511651 said:

There is a ton of discussion on reddit about this what do you mean? The site is #1 on Google's ads when you search for an RTX 3090. Some discussion points could be: "oh he's not scamming because x y z".

Actually there’s so many scams now and google just lets bloody ads run for them

like loads of stuff I search for like quite literally any product there’s always a google ad sometimes at top of the page 1 wtf 

I actually don’t click ads anyway 

I just Goto the first actual indexed website 

1 minute ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Actually there’s so many scams now and google just lets bloody ads run for them

like loads of stuff I search for like quite literally any product there’s always a google ad sometimes at top of the page 1 wtf 

I actually don’t click ads anyway 

I just Goto the first actual indexed website 

Ah wow I didn't know this. Better stop using google for searching now.

2 minutes ago, 12355616511651 said:

Ah wow I didn't know this. Better stop using google for searching now.

Well I normally use Amazon or local other uk companies 

but if I do go on google I never click if it says AD next to it 

This will sound snarky, but it is not.

Something something ... tech company something, does not automatically equate to tech related discussion.

How someone <insert tech company name> conducts their business is not automatically related to tech. 

Developing tech, tech applications, etc.. is tech related. I moved this to Off topic as your topic was not asking for or opening a discussion. I can care less if reddit is "discussing" this "issue". This is not reddit. This is a technology focused Tech Forum. If a lemming jumps off a cliff...

1 hour ago, 12355616511651 said:

What if it was newegg would that be off topic?

If the content was the same as you posted in the op and just replace <a> with <b>? Yes, it would still be moved to Off-topic and my reply would not have changed.

You posted a complaint or at least it read as a complaint. This is not how you start a discussion or a debate. 

You will disagree with me, so I will save you some time and tell you that you are wrong.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Scams happen all the time,i always buy from suppliers i trust.

Yes,they may currently have cheap useless GPUs in stock,but at least i know that when they get stock they won't scam me.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

12 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

This will sound snarky, but it is not.

Something something ... tech company something, does not automatically equate to tech related discussion.

How someone <insert tech company name> conducts their business is not automatically related to tech. 

Developing tech, tech applications, etc.. is tech related. I moved this to Off topic as your topic was not asking for or opening a discussion. I can care less if reddit is "discussing" this "issue". This is not reddit. This is a technology focused Tech Forum. If a lemming jumps off a cliff...

If the content was the same as you posted in the op and just replace <a> with <b>? Yes, it would still be moved to Off-topic and my reply would not have changed.

You posted a complaint or at least it read as a complaint. This is not how you start a discussion or a debate. 

You will disagree with me, so I will save you some time and tell you that you are wrong.

Ok sir sorry sir you are right sir.

• 1 month later...

Hi, This is my first post on here and I just wanted to provide some more info on this. I will post this here with the possibility of being forced out by the community, I am fine with that as long as you leave this post on here. I was trying to find some GPU's for a mining rig that I wanted to build. I wanted to get into server tech and this seemed like a great idea since I would be able to make back most of my money. I was re-routed to KWEST as a place that was selling legit GPU's me and a friend looked them up and there were names behind the company and I decided it was an ok idea. This was on April, 26, 2021 with my decision to pour a "bit" of money into the process since this was during the mining boom. I decided to purchase 4x2070 Supers and waited. I am currently in college and this totaled to be most of my savings up to this point. I was worried on May 3rd when I contacted the company to see what was going on and they notified me that there was a delay in customs. I was hoping to go back to where the machine was running that weekend and requested an upgrade to 2 day air shipping. This is about where I stand now, with them saying the delay in shipping is due to a customs backup in Texas because of the canal incident. I am assuming that they are referring to the Suez Canal situation. It is currently 24 days after purchase and no shipping label nor any feedback on customs has been provided. If you would like to roast me because I should have asked for a refund by now go ahead. I am at the point where I know if I back out of the deal the price I paid is significantly lower than eBay right now. With Ethereum moving to PoS instead of PoW it might be a good time to refund. I have attached a large portion of my tech support chat from their website, which handily sends a copy to your email. If you have any other questions or I accidentally missed blurring out a piece of important info please let me know. I currently am planning to make a final refund date of next Friday the 28th. This will happen even if I have to dispute the purchase with my bank. I have been offered a refund, but I would prefer to have the cards instead of the money. I think I'm going to head over to u/parkayy and send a reddit DM and see what I get.

651653635_Screenshot2021-05-20181447.thumb.png.2df6248a44f6ac6ebbaade66050d1eb5.png763281007_Screenshot2021-05-20181549.thumb.png.85ec753a8f65938c69cfae499542c3c6.png651653635_Screenshot2021-05-20181447.thumb.png.2df6248a44f6ac6ebbaade66050d1eb5.png1616865146_InkedScreenshot2021-05-20181642_LI.thumb.jpg.2f04a8ff7bd9702ddb1ebaf3930e4d7d.jpg808795220_Screenshot2021-05-20181842.thumb.png.27133102e6622cfef0ebbc618c5283cc.png  

Screenshot 2021-05-20 181748.png

20 minutes ago, nayr995 said:

I ended up cancelling my order.

It was interesting reading your post @nayr995 and thanks for the update. I was in a fairly similar situation, but hadn't preordered the card, so it wasn't too big of a deal at the end. I was being quite cautious and made sure to check as many things as possible in reference to my potential purchase. In the end I got screwed over and ended up waiting in line for absolutely nothing for quite some time. Regardless, it seems like there are lots of different websites and sellers/distributers that are trying to scam people right now 😕