Should I be plugging AIO pump or fans into molex?

Go to solution Solved by Levent,

Pump > Molex, Fans > Headers.

Hi to anyone reading this, 

I just bought a 240mm aio (I think the pump's an Asetek 4th gen unit) for my reference vega 56 (you can probably guess why), and realised that there aren't enough fan headers on the motherboard to connect both the fans (2x Noctua nf-f12) and pump into the motherboard. I'm also keeping the blower fan on the gpu, as I'm going to use it to provide cooling for the VRMs, so plugging either of these into the header on the card isn't an option. I do have a molex to 2 pin (there is a hole for, but no third pin on it) adapter though, which I can use to plug either the fans or pump into. 

From what I've seen online so far, most aio pumps run at 100% all the time, but I can't help wonder then why they have a third pin (as on case fans this is used only for DC fan control as far as I'm aware), and so whether using a 2 pin adapter is safe or recommended. Of course I'd want to be able to control the fans on the radiator as well if possible, as even using the low noise adaptors, the fans are quite audible.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

Thanks very much! So the 2-pin thing doesn't matter?

Just now, Moelvis said:

Thanks very much! So the 2-pin thing doesn't matter?

Not really, molex supplies 12v and 5v.  As long its wired for 12v, no worries.

ATX Power Supply Pinout and Connectors

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

5 minutes ago, Levent said:

Not really, molex supplies 12v and 5v.  As long its wired for 12v, no worries.

ATX Power Supply Pinout and Connectors

Thanks a lot! Appreciate the quick response