Nvidia 650ti Aftermarket cooler

the pokemon kid
Go to solution Solved by the pokemon kid,

There must of been something wrong with the stock cooler. 

I have just installed the Arctic Mono plus! Very easy installation and also comes pre-applied with thermal paste. The cooler does sit about an inch and half taller than the card now but overall I am not that worried. It has easily halfed the noise output compared to the stock heatsink which is perfect! Also the temps have gone from 48°C Idle to 18°C Idle! Which makes me think that there was something wrong with the stock heatsink.

None the less a big +1 to the Arctic Mono Plus as a aftermarket cooler for the 650TI!

In my media PC, I have a Palit 650ti running at stock. It is supplying output to my TV screen. However ever since I have gotten it, it has been loud! I never though much of it but it has since caught my attention since I have added a closed watercooling loop and silent fans into the case.

I am looking to find an aftermarket cooler which will fit this graphics card. Any suggestions?

aside from water cooling blocks, i was unaware you could get after market coolers for modern GPU's i would say if you feel really confident, try and incorporate the water block for the GPU within your closed loop Linus has got a video on it, i can link if you need it?

Sir DrowHunter

Freelancing Since 2012

Is that palit card also in the reference design? Have you dried dusting it, and applying a custom fan curve through MSI Afterburner? Those reference coolers are quiet at idle/ low loads. It might be faulty. In that case I'd recommend a Arctic Accellero Mono Plus.

who cares...

aside from water cooling blocks, i was unaware you could get after market coolers for modern GPU's i would say if you feel really confident, try and incorporate the water block for the GPU within your closed loop Linus has got a video on it, i can link if you need it?

Sir DrowHunter

I don't think there are waterblocks for the GTX 650 Ti.

You can however mount a NZXT G10 with a Corsair H50. But idk if that will fit into a media PC. ;)

who cares...

I think from what you have said there i would say you should probably try exactly that, a closed loop using that NZXT G10 and that way you then have a closed loop, i would try and see if there is anyway you can fit that in your case/mod because that would be the only good way to silence it a lot.

Sir DrowHunter

Freelancing Since 2012

I don't know of any aftermarket coolers for a 650 Ti. Unfortunately most people underestimate the power of this GPU and put a single fan fin heatsink on it, which can get quite loud. I have an EVGA 650 Ti SSC and it got really loud under load. When I moved it to my new PC I found it was full of dust, so removing the dust from your card may help (if it has dust in it). Other than that I cant really suggest anything else (unless you fancy the NZXT G10 :P). Best of luck.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

I think that a NZXT G10 + a close loop cooler might be a bit of over kill for something that I am just watching TV off of and playing light games.

I went onto Artics website and it shows the Mono plus being compatible with the 650ti. I might give that a try as it is only £30 compared to the £80 of the NZXT G10 and Corsair H60... When the card is only worth about £110 now...

Apparently the dual fan version of it also fits the 650ti too!

EDIT: No going back now (unless I send it back...), Just ordered a Arctic cooling mono plus. I will post the fitting of it and cooling difference. 

Side note, the stock cooler must of been faulty. It was on the minimum fan speed and still making a racket... Will have to see how much of difference the new cooler makes.

In which case, Good luck! and reply back to this thread with an outcome so we can pass on advice in case a problem like this comes up with someone else

All the Best!

Sir DrowHunter

Freelancing Since 2012

There must of been something wrong with the stock cooler. 

I have just installed the Arctic Mono plus! Very easy installation and also comes pre-applied with thermal paste. The cooler does sit about an inch and half taller than the card now but overall I am not that worried. It has easily halfed the noise output compared to the stock heatsink which is perfect! Also the temps have gone from 48°C Idle to 18°C Idle! Which makes me think that there was something wrong with the stock heatsink.

None the less a big +1 to the Arctic Mono Plus as a aftermarket cooler for the 650TI!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just want to ask will nzxt g10 fit on 650 ti? its not listed in the compatible list?

I have a palit 650 ti boost not OC ed and i also want to put nzxt g10 with a corsair h75.

thanks!

By looking at how it mounts I believe it uses the same mounts as my after market cooler. My cooler shows that it is compatible with the GTX 650ti and GTX 560. On the NZXT website it shows it is compatible with 560. So in conclusion, I think it is compatible.

However, isn't a NZXT G10 a little overkill on something that is not overclocked? I'm running mine on the fan speed reducer and getting very low temps...

I believed my card is factory overclocked already. Although at nvida's website the max temp is around 107°C. I'm just not comfortable using it at around 80°C.