Need help figuring out if I shorted my mobo

Did you tried shifting the 24pin psu connector to your mobo?

Did you tried shifting the 24pin psu connector to your mobo?

if you mean connecting the green and black cords with a paperclip yes I did. My psu comes on perfectly fine. 

if you mean connecting the green and black cords with a paperclip yes I did. My psu comes on perfectly fine.

Have you made any progress mate? By the way he means connecting it "to" your board which youve obviously already done or you wouldnt know you had a problem :P

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)

Have you made any progress mate? By the way he means connecting it "to" your board which youve obviously already done or you wouldnt know you had a problem :P

Nothing. Since it's not working I ordered a new motherboard last night but for some reason they voided my order. It just went on sale at a lower price so I'm hoping that's why is to save me a bit of money, but I feel like there's something worse going on.

Nothing. Since it's not working I ordered a new motherboard last night but for some reason they voided my order. It just went on sale at a lower price so I'm hoping that's why is to save me a bit of money, but I feel like there's something worse going on.

It would be good if this wasnt your first build, because you would spare stuff lying around and you could narrow down the problem. If theres one thing PC gamers arent usually good at, it's being patient. If I was you, i would fiddle around with it a bit more and when all hope is literally lost then think about getting a return, thats just me anyways.

It would be good if this wasnt your first build, because you would spare stuff lying around and you could narrow down the problem. If theres one thing PC gamers arent usually good at, it's being patient. If I was you, i would fiddle around with it a bit more and when all hope is literally lost then think about getting a return, thats just me anyways.

I got an RMA  from Newegg and they said to send it in. Their policy says that if it's my fault they're just going to send it back but I suppose it's worth sending it back still.

okay Just took out the battery. How long should I keep it out?

have you tried it with a different motherboard if possible? and psu you got?

have you tried it with a different motherboard if possible? and psu you got?

I don't have another mobo or anyt other spare parts for that matter. This is my first build so the only things I got where what I needed.

So I decided to give it one last go last night and take the mobo out of the case and assemble it to see what the problem was. I was shocked but it turned on. I'm now using my brand new pc and it's absolutely amazing.

So I decided to give it one last go last night and take the mobo out of the case and assemble it to see what the problem was. I was shocked but it turned on. I'm now using my brand new pc and it's absolutely amazing.

Nice! Stick around on the forums man, so good to hear your PC is up and running :)

do you know how to test the power supply. by shorting out the two pins, to turn it on?